Oceania food vs Seabourn/Crystal

zship

How would you say the food quality on Marina compares with the quality offered on Seabourn and/or Crystal cruise lines ?

We have cruised with O 10 times (3 times on the Marina) but only once on Seabourn (Sojourn) and never on Crystal.

My biggest disappointment on Seabourn, in fact, happened to be the food.

While it was fine, especially when compared to many other cruise lines, it paled in comparison to Oceania in general and Marina in particular.

While food is subjective, I am quite certain that you will enjoy the food on the Marina at least as much as Seabourn, but most likely you will like it even better.

I have said it here before and I will say it again - Marina serves the best food at sea (and we have cruised on all lines except Crystal).

Give Marina a try. :)

We've cruised on O 23 times, Crystal 2 times, Regent 4 times, but never on Seaborn. I would say that O's food is the best. As a matter of fact, Travel and Leisure Magazine, in last month's issue, rated Oceania as a cruise ship for "foodies."

We cruised on Oceania Insignia (Baltic Cruise 2011) and several times on Crystal, there is no comparison in my opinion...Crystal wins hands down.

I understand that food is subjective but based on our experience we found the food and service in the MDR lacking. The food in both specialty restaurants was quite good to excellent.

Our Oceania Insignia experience was definitley not a "foodies " experience.

YMMV

We cruised on Oceania Insignia (Baltic Cruise 2011) and several times on Crystal, there is no comparison in my opinion...Crystal wins hands down.

I understand that food is subjective but based on our experience we found the food and service in the MDR lacking. The food in both specialty restaurants was quite good to excellent.

Our Oceania Insignia experience was definitley not a "foodies " experience.

YMMV

While I totally respect your opinion, OP is asking about Marina - a VERY different "foodie" experience from Insignia's MDR.

Not only does Marina have 4 excellent specialty restaurants, but the Terrace Cafe is outstanding (nothing like the Terrace Cafe on R ships). So much so, that on our 3 consecutive Marina cruises we dined in the MDR only a couple of times.

Last year we did the O Insignia and the Seabourn Pride because of the ports. We are booked on the Marina next spring and I am looking forward to the food on board. On these two cruises I found the food to be very similar both in selection and quality (both very good). On Seabourn there was a if you want it we will do it. But it was a ship with a little over 200 passengers.

We do like spicy and ethnic foods - and there should be a better selection for us on the Marina.

On Seabourn there was a if you want it we will do it.

That was the policy throughout first class on Cunard, back in the day, and it still is in the Queens Grills.......but whenever the headwaiter mentions the policy, somebody invariably asks for rattlesnake.

Rattlesnake.EZ2692.jpgQV+Courtyard.jpg

If I've heard that old chestnut once, I've heard it a thousand times.

And yes, I know that it tastes like chicken :p

That was the policy throughout first class on Cunard, back in the day, and it still is in the Queens Grills.......but whenever the headwaiter mentions the policy, somebody invariably asks for rattlesnake.

Rattlesnake.EZ2692.jpgQV+Courtyard.jpg

If I've heard that old chestnut once, I've heard it a thousand times.

And yes, I know that it tastes like chicken :p

My very first cruise - upgraded on the QE2 to Grill Class. DH asked for beluga caviar every night until they gave him the 'LOOK'.

At their prices, they should do something!

Actually, Crystal offers a great deal more in terms of enrichment, entertainment, variety and quality of food, and, particularly service than many other lines. They become all-inclusive in March, 2012.

Perhaps you should sail them and see for yourself.

Ricki

Archived