4 Nighter on the Monarch

rt1092

Just got back from a 4 nighter on the Monarch.

Booked a guarantee OV got cabin 6008. Very noisy people jogging above from 7 am till 10 pm, also noisy when dropping and lifting anchor. But we knew it was a gamble.

Everything else on this cruise exceeded our expectations. The decor was bright and lively. The food was near the best we have had (and we have done 28 RCL cruises). The shows were not crowded. The service was as good as we have ever had.

This was the 3rd 4 nighter for us (the others on the Soverign and the Majesty) And we were not overly impressed with the other 2.

But the Monarch was a pleasent surprize.

I love the Monarch! I've taken several cruises on her. Yes, deck 6 is always noisy with the jogging track right above. I recommend the obstructed ocean views on deck 8. Excellent view of the ocean, and track. Great light and view of the bottom of the lifeboats. Great prices for these, I've always booked deck 8 and enjoyed every minute. Easy stroll up or down to activities.

Very glad you enjoyed your cruise!;)

Thank you so much for the positive review!! We have a group of 16 cabins of people so far going on the Monarch in March for spring break and are really looking forward to having a FUN time! None of us have sailed on the Monarch before and for many of them this will be their first cruise! I had read a previous thread by a poster calling the ship the "Menace" of the seas and I was getting a little worried so it is nice to read your positive review!! :)

Booked a guarantee OV got cabin 6008. Very noisy people jogging above from 7 am till 10 pm, also noisy when dropping and lifting anchor. But we knew it was a gamble.

Everything else on this cruise exceeded our expectations. The decor was bright and lively. The food was near the best we have had (and we have done 28 RCL cruises). The shows were not crowded. The service was as good as we have ever had.

This was the 3rd 4 nighter for us (the others on the Soverign and the Majesty) And we were not overly impressed with the other 2.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise! Thanks for posting a review on it.

I was just curious....did you ever go to the piano bar while you were on your cruise? and if so how was it? This was something we did nightly on the Majesty last October and it was so much fun and was just wondering how it was on the Monarch?? Thanx!

I was just curious....did you ever go to the piano bar while you were on your cruise? and if so how was it? This was something we did nightly on the Majesty last October and it was so much fun and was just wondering how it was on the Monarch?? Thanx!

Yes we did the Schooner Bar was great. Kenny (I think?) played an medley of Billy Joel and Elton John songs, one night. Then Did the Beatles on another.

Yes we did the Schooner Bar was great. Kenny (I think?) played an medley of Billy Joel and Elton John songs, one night. Then Did the Beatles on another.

Sounds like we will def be hanging out in Schooners! We usually closed that place each night!

Archived