Just off the Pearl

Erwende

Just got off the Pearl this morning if anyone has any questions..

Just wondered if you could give me some idea of drink prices for bottles of beer, and say a gin and tonic? I heard that the Pearl have a beer deal where you can buy a bucket of 6 bottles for the price of 5. Do they also have special deals each day for bottles of wine?

Just wondered if you could give me some idea of drink prices for bottles of beer, and say a gin and tonic? I heard that the Pearl have a beer deal where you can buy a bucket of 6 bottles for the price of 5. Do they also have special deals each day for bottles of wine?

Just off as well 16oz Bud beers were $6.33 with the auto tip. Mt Gay rum and cola $7.07. They sell buckets of beer buy 5 get one free. No daily wine special but they did have a wine deal the first day. Buy 7 or 8 bottles get 20% off.

Kids Club---Well we had high hopes for it since we had a good experience with the Epic last year. Very disappointed. They only give you a phone if your child is not potty trained. So once you have a phone, they call you for everything. If your child asks for mommy or daddy, cries one time, has a tussle with another three year old. We saw one of the young group's counselors pounding drinks at night at the White Hot party. They had the usual kids stuff. Face painting, coloring, videos. They have a nice jungle gym. The facility itself I did not think was that big (especially in comparison to the Epic).

Dunn's River Falls with a 5 and 7 year old, I say NO. Its very strenous and can be slippery.

You wouldn't enjoy youselves while worrying about them not falling. We did not see any young kids doing it. My opinion about the Falls, glad I did it one time only. You need water shoes. They sell them there but they were $17.

Bobsledding at Mystic Mountain was awesome! Would do it again. There is a 15 minute chair lift up the mountain. Bobsled is short but fast! We paid to do it twice when we got off. Did not do the zipline.

Did you make it to GSC? It looks like that island has been skipped a lot lately.

Yes, on the week ago today stop. The tenders were rocking and rolling though. My wife elected to just say no. I went ashore. Nice temps, sunny skies, everyone seemed to be having a good time. Nice food spread available.

Did you make it to GSC? It looks like that island has been skipped a lot lately.

We did make it and in fact it has been missed a lot. If you have not been there for a while you are in for a shock. Amazing amount of changes and should be great in another year. Much of the island is a construction site now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are booked for Feb. 19 and I was wondering was it a good mix of people ? 3 ladies in our late 20's-early 30's. The last couple of reviews have been really mixed regarding on board activities, crew, crowd. We are looking to relax and have some fun and hoping that it doesn't go dead at 9pm...

Tell me about Dunn's River Falls, if you would. We are going in January. I have read that there's alot of climbing. Did you get wet? Did you swim? Do you wear your swim suit under your shorts? Is there a place to lock up your belongings? I'm 63 in pretty good shape....were there other older folks doing it? Thanks.....this is my first cruise:D

Tell me about Dunn's River Falls, if you would. We are going in January. I have read that there's alot of climbing. Did you get wet? Did you swim? Do you wear your swim suit under your shorts? Is there a place to lock up your belongings? I'm 63 in pretty good shape....were there other older folks doing it? Thanks.....this is my first cruise:D

You need your suit and you will get very wet.

2792532110059187889S600x600Q85.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My mom is 63 and is in "pretty good shape" as well. She did fine. You just need water shoes and be VERY careful.

By the way, the lazy river they are carving through the island at Great Stirrup Cay looks awesome!! Can't wait to book a cruise to go back to use when it opens. I asked a few staff members on the island and none had any idea when it would open. There is water in the river.

Kids Club---Well we had high hopes for it since we had a good experience with the Epic last year. Very disappointed. They only give you a phone if your child is not potty trained. So once you have a phone, they call you for everything. If your child asks for mommy or daddy, cries one time, has a tussle with another three year old. We saw one of the young group's counselors pounding drinks at night at the White Hot party. They had the usual kids stuff. Face painting, coloring, videos. They have a nice jungle gym. The facility itself I did not think was that big (especially in comparison to the Epic).

Dunn's River Falls with a 5 and 7 year old, I say NO. Its very strenous and can be slippery.

You wouldn't enjoy youselves while worrying about them not falling. We did not see any young kids doing it. My opinion about the Falls, glad I did it one time only. You need water shoes. They sell them there but they were $17.

Bobsledding at Mystic Mountain was awesome! Would do it again. There is a 15 minute chair lift up the mountain. Bobsled is short but fast! We paid to do it twice when we got off. Did not do the zipline.

I'm just off too. Kids Club was not as I expected either. One of the councilors who was supposed to be with the 2-5 year olds ended up with the 6-9 year olds (my two sons group) and was kind of nasty. Tried claiming my son punched her when in fact it was an accident when they were playing Ninja. But did not follow the discipline rules - we had a phone from our suite but she did not call us nor did she discipline him. Then 2 days later - she put both in time out for being loud playing a game! No warning - just time out. I think it was retribution for me calling her out on the first incident. Needless to say, when she wasn't there - the other councilors had no problem with either of my sons and would engage the entire family in conversation when in family activities!:confused:

Archived