Holiday Decorations

cool_cruiser01

From John Healds Facebook : "" Here is the schedule as to when the ships will be decorated by a team of professional ummmm........decorators.

SAT, NOV. 19, 2011 ELATION NEW ORLEANS, LA

SUN, NOV. 20, 2011 CONQUEST NEW ORLEANS, LA

SUN, NOV. 20, 2011 VICTORY SAN JUAN, PR

SAT, NOV. 26, 2011 LIBERTY MIAMI, FL

... SUN, NOV. 27, 2011 VALOR MIAMI, FL

Sun, NOV. 27, 2011 FREEDOM FT. LAUDERDALE, FL

SAT, NOV. 26 2011 MIRACLE FT. LAUDERDALE, FL

FRI, DEC. 2, 2011 IMAGINATION MIAMI, FL

SAT, DEC. 3, 2011 DESTINY MIAMI, FL

SUN, DEC. 4, 2011 GLORY MIAMI, FL

FRI, DEC. 2, 2011 SPIRIT SAN PEDRO, CA

SUN, DEC. 4, 2011 SPLENDOR LONG BEACH, CA

SAT, DEC. 3, 2011 INSPIRATION TAMPA, FL

SUN, DEC. 4, 2011 LEGEND TAMPA, FL

MON, DEC. 5, 2011 FASCINATION JACKSONVILLE, FL

WED, DEC. 7, 2011 FANTASY (8A-6P) KEY WEST, FL (POC)

SAT, DEC. 10, 2011 DREAM PT. CANAVERAL, FL

SUN, DEC. 11, 2011 SENSATION PT. CANAVERAL, FL

SAT, DEC. 10, 2011 TRIUMPH GALVESTON, TX

SUN, DEC. 11, 2011 Magic GALVESTON, TX

MON, DEC. 12, 2011 PARADISE TAMPA, FL

WED, DEC. 14, 2011 PRIDE PT. CANAVERAL, FL (POC)

THU, DEC. 15, 2011 ECSTASY PT. CANAVERAL, FL

cool_cruiser 01, according to the schedule posted above you are in luck for Christmas decorations!

I was hoping Ecstasy would be decorated this Sat also, but they are not scheduled until 12/15 -- so late in the season it's hardly worth the effort to put them up at all on Ecstasy. I think Carnival needs to hire more decorator teams so all the ships would be decorated in a timely manner!

Based on what I have seen in the past you are not going to find a lot of decorations. A few wreaths, some garland, and a tree in the dining room is all that I have ever seen.

I've seen much more than that on both the Splendor and the Miracle ('09 and '10); even the theatre had trees/garlands, and the Splendor had a beautiful gingerbread village set up. I was actually quite surprised at how much decorating had been done. Maybe it varies from year to year and from ship to ship?!?

I've only seen Christmas decoration on Fantasy class ships (Imagination and Fascination), and on both, it was exactly identical: in the atrium, garland hanging from railings as well as floor to ceiling banners. Also, decorated columns along the promenade deck.

The Elation was nicely decorated last year for Christmas and on formal night there were even a couple of Christmas backgrounds set up. We took a couple of Christmas tops, my DH took a Christmas tie and red shirt and we both took Santa hats. We decorated our cabin and door for Christmas and took pictures around the ship and in Cozumel with the ship in the background. We got some really great Christmas card pics and I scanned some of the formal shots into a collage and framed it for Christmas.

Our cabin pictures were great as well, since I used the window ledge area, which was quite large in our aft cabin to decorate with a small tree, santa clause collection and garland. I ran garland around the cabin and put gel type Christmas stick ons to the mirrors and doors. Sounds like a lot of decor, but everything we carried fit into a small duffel bag. We asked our steward if he would like to keep the little tree for his cabin and he was happy to take it when we left the ship.

Archived