Is the Paradise that bad?

makentake

Just read the reviews for Paradise and now am wondering if we made a mistake. Booked for Feb. for a girl's cruise and sounds like the ship isn't in the best shape and lots of complaints about the food. We have loved the Inspiration out of Tampa for the past few years, hope it isn't as bad as some say.

The Paradise is a great ship!! We've been on her several times and will miss her when she leaves the West Coast. I think the new menus just aren't as good fleetwide as the older menus, but we've never had any problems with the food on the Paradise.

She is undergoing dry-dock renovations in Jan-early Feb. We are booked for the 2/16 sailing (2nd one after dry-dock, I think). I have also done the Inspiration on the same itinerary. I am hoping for the best. Food has changed fleet-wide and on other cruise lines--wouldn't worry too much about it. Also, the reviews you're reading now are from California embarkations going to the West coast of Mexico. Completely different than Caribbean cruises going to Cozumel...

I'm on the first cruise post-dry dock, on Feb 11th. I've been on the Imagination and the Fantasy, and loved them both! I also was on the Glory a few years ago, and decided I like the lay out of the small ships better. Wish I had more info for you! What week are you cruising in Feb?

Same cruise as you. Didn't realize it will have just be out of dry dock, so it will have been freshened up a little. Going with three friends and we have a good time when we get away together so if it isn't perfect we probably won't notice anyway!

I have cruised on the Paradise several times. All the cruises were very good. Food was very good. The ship was very clean. However the ship itself appears dated. Especially in the MDR. The cabins are like dorm rooms. The interior decor of the public areas is quite tacky (my opinion). If you have been cruising newer ships, this will be a let down. However you can still have a great cruise. I prefer newer ships but would take basically any cruise. It's all good.

We're booked on her in July 2012, this will be are second cruise, first was Fasination. Looking forward to hearing great reviews early next year on this trip. When did they change the menus? I thought the food was great on the Fasination when we sailed this past June, have the menus been redone since then?

• 3 weeks later...

being that we love the fantasy class smaller ships and we want to do Cozumel without going to Miami we booked June 12. good to hear she will have some freshening up. does it still have the twister slide to the lido pool? that is something I have never seen as the Sensation and Imagination have the water works (which is fun but we hardly used that any way)

I am just happy to be on a ship sailing for 5 days .. working up to the 7 day

Paradise was my very first ship! Now that was 7 years ago, but it's a great little ship. Especially if it's just coming out of dry dock, you should be just fine!

Why couldn't she have done dry-dock when she was still on the West Coast? I loved her- great crew, easy to get around, and relaxing. Luckily Inspiration has the same floor plan, so it won't be too much different.

Why couldn't she have done dry-dock when she was still on the West Coast? I loved her- great crew, easy to get around, and relaxing. Luckily Inspiration has the same floor plan, so it won't be too much different.

Because they scheduled that way. I noticed that they schedule dry dock every 2 years for normal dry dock schedule..

being that we love the fantasy class smaller ships and we want to do Cozumel without going to Miami we booked June 12. good to hear she will have some freshening up. does it still have the twister slide to the lido pool? that is something I have never seen as the Sensation and Imagination have the water works (which is fun but we hardly used that any way)

I am just happy to be on a ship sailing for 5 days .. working up to the 7 day

Yes, still the slide into the main pool, but not sure when/if they'll change that at the next dry dock.

Archived