The Pearl Nov 13

roger001

roger001, this ship sounds Geat!!! My wife and I are set to sail next April. First time with NCL and very excited. Quick question regarding the pools, are they salt or fresh water? My wife is hoping for fresh....thanks agan for the great insight to what sounds like a wonderful ship!

roger001, this ship sounds Geat!!! My wife and I are set to sail next April. First time with NCL and very excited. Quick question regarding the pools, are they salt or fresh water? My wife is hoping for fresh....thanks agan for the great insight to what sounds like a wonderful ship!

I don't know. I use to be a fun in the sun kinda guy...for many years...now I a fun at the dermatologist frequently kinda guy. Can't play in the pool any more. I'm sure someone will answer this though. In April? PC cruise or before the Pearl repositions?

Salt like all the NCL ships.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were in mini 11072 last May (May '10 to Alaska) and didn't hear anything from the buffet entrance above. We loved the cabin, even had the overhang from deck 12. Wonderful experience! We loved the Pearl so much we'll be on her again for her passage through the Panama Canal next April (04/12) and we're bringing my outlaws (oops, I mean my wife's parents). We're looking forward to a wonderful time for our 2nd Pearl cruise!

We were in mini 11072 last May (May '10 to Alaska) and didn't hear anything from the buffet entrance above. We loved the cabin, even had the overhang from deck 12. Wonderful experience! We loved the Pearl so much we'll be on her again for her passage through the Panama Canal next April (04/12) and we're bringing my outlaws (oops, I mean my wife's parents). We're looking forward to a wonderful time for our 2nd Pearl cruise!

We've booked 11064 on the Jewel in May and 11064 later on the Pearl. That's in the area you mentioned and should be pretty quiet. We did the PC cruise last April. Wonderful. DO READ Path Between the Seas before you do that that cruise. It will be so much more meaningful and interesting then. Yes, I do like the deck 12 overhang.

As a solo cruiser, I chose this cruise at the last minute and didn't have any expectations but to get away from the hectic world and enjoy the spa and gym.

The first day and a half were quietly spent reacquainting myself with The Pearl. At the CC meet and greet, I met many great new friends as well as Klaus and staff. During the rest of the cruise, I had occasions of contact with Klaus, Julie Valeriote, Joge Marinho and Barani Rao, who were most gracious and made the trip experience well above and beyond any expectations.

The spa treatments (hot stone massages, etc) were all that were on my mind as I was waiting the two weeks until cruise day. I couldn't wait to relax on the heated lounge chairs... just thinking about them makes me sad I'm home two weeks already! My only regret was that I forgot that one needs to make sure one is aware of the many different prices, discounts and specials offered through the "independent contractor" spa. I felt that the spa should have been the responsible ones to notice my Latitudes status on my card and give me the appropriate rate and review different options. One really needs to confirm the pricing before and after treatments. Also be aware that a 24 hour cancellation is necessary if you should decide to make changes. I do appreciate that assistance was given to me when I mentioned it to Pearl management.

I dined in many of the dining rooms including Le Bistro (thank you my friend for inviting me) and the Sushi/Asian dining twice (thanks to my other new friends)--never disappointed! The Garden Cafe is really a step above the same type of dining on The Star. Its nice to feel that you are eating in a dining area and not a school cafeteria. If you follow the eating area to the back and into La Cucina for breakfast and lunch there is plenty of seating, some rather peaceful and quiet. The Blue Lagoon is always a great choice for a quick snack.

Pizza in the Garden Cafe! Don't forget about the 24/7 pizza that can be delivered to you for a nominal fee. It was like our Chicago pizza and when combined with salad it makes for a great "fill me up" until your next dining experience.

The shows were excellent. Can't say enough about the entertainment on the ship.

Remember the time change on the night of the White Party! The time in the elevators were changed early and we missed the first hour of the party! Foolish us, Free Style and just going with the flow. We were having such a good time, we forgot the watches!

I only wish that I could have the time to spend for a longer time on the ship, so I could enjoy the trips farther south into the Caribbean since NCL does not leave from San Juan...

Best wishes to all future cruisers on The Pearl!

• 4 months later...

Archived