Cabin Sizes and Deminsions on American Queen

Okay this is gonna help someone the attached file is the cabin deminsions and sizes for the American Queen. Each cabin was just measured in Sulpher, LA (where the vessel magnificant is being refurbed and replinished) :D American Queen Cabins Link https://skydrive.live.com/edit.aspx/AQCABINS%20in%20number%20order.xlsx?cid=8ec7a5e247828b65&sc=documents&wd=cpe I hope this file will upload I know people want this information. Currently There is one very special cruise and extras that I am on on July 5th from St Louis to Louisville and I have two friends that have taken out group space Audry on 13th April and Kathy on the inaugural on April 19th from New Orleans to Memphis ... space is really going quick thou. I absolutely love the extras package they put together for the sailing I am on on July 5th we get nights in Chicago (cannot wait to see Navy Pier Again along with the American Girl Palace great sailing for kids too!) and St Louis as well as post in Louisville or Indianapolis if you are taking the Rail & Cruise package. If the link does not post you can contact me directly for the cabin sizes and #s.

Is this rail & cruise package offered through the cruise line I did not see anything on the website?

Yes it is offered thru the cruiseline you must call to arrange it thou because they are constantly adding to website, only part of the rail info is on website. Now it appears you are in Canada and the rail is only segments on Amtrak and NOT Via Rail....

:)

Yes it is offered thru the cruiseline you must call to arrange it thou because they are constantly adding to website, only part of the rail info is on website. Now it appears you are in Canada and the rail is only segments on Amtrak and NOT Via Rail....

:)

Can you post where on their website I cannot find anything on a rail package so maybe not looking in the right place or maybe it is only available to TA's through their link :confused:

I would never even think it would have any VIA Rail packages

We would drive down but then the dilemma is how to get back to the embarkation port to pick up the car :rolleyes:

Found the train info as well as bus transfers back to embarkation port

Under Travel Professionals link

http://www.agents.greatamericansteamboatcompany.com/easy-connect/

Too bad they do not include this info under the passenger information fo r the cruises :(

Would have saved some frustration on trying to figure out how to get back to the car if we drove

Lynn, somewhere I heard or read something about various transportation offers. I might have been on the website or in one of the Webinars or in a press re3lease, maybe to SeaTrade Insider -- I just can't remember (senior moment). But, I remember the gist of the offers was that since these cruises all center around a fairly limited area (the Mississippi and its tributaries), no one should have to fly to cruise. One of the examples was just what you mentioned -- driving to embarkation. The idea they were promoting was that packages could be arranged, either through Amtrak to ride back to the port of embarkation, or a deal with a car rental company to pick up a car at disembarkation and drive back to where you parked your car (I think it might have been Hertz).

For example, on our August 30 cruise from Vicksburg to Louisville, they are first offering their free hotel the night before the cruise in New Orleans (at the Westin Canal Place at present), then providing a scenic bus tour 225 mile to Vicksburg to get the boat -- primarily because just about the only way to get to Vicksburg is to drive. Then, they'll help provide some transportation (train or rental car) back to New Orleans.

I will probably still fly, because I have some FF miles that will get me non-stop from Miami to New Orleans in 2 hours and Louisville to Miami in 2.5 hours. But, the rail or rental car packages are appealing.

At present, probably the best way to figure out an optional package (they won't be free, but should be discounted, I believe) is to deal with a travel agent who is familiar with GASC, or to call GASC directly. If your agent is not yet familiar, GASC is really going out of their way to make sure that agents get the training and information they need to help their clients.

Lynn, somewhere I heard or read something about various transportation offers. I might have been on the website or in one of the Webinars or in a press re3lease, maybe to SeaTrade Insider -- I just can't remember (senior moment). But, I remember the gist of the offers was that since these cruises all center around a fairly limited area (the Mississippi and its tributaries), no one should have to fly to cruise. One of the examples was just what you mentioned -- driving to embarkation. The idea they were promoting was that packages could be arranged, either through Amtrak to ride back to the port of embarkation, or a deal with a car rental company to pick up a car at disembarkation and drive back to where you parked your car (I think it might have been Hertz).

Thanks Don

I did find the info under the TA link

I looked at some flights for the cruises in the northern portion but they are just ridiculous routings

We have not decided which cruise we would like to do

I like them all but time & money dictate we can only choose 1 maybe 2 :D

Will check with OUR TA when we decide ;)

Hope you & Besty are well

Regards

Lyn

Thanks Don

I did find the info under the TA link

I looked at some flights for the cruises in the northern portion but they are just ridiculous routings

We have not decided which cruise we would like to do

I like them all but time & money dictate we can only choose 1 maybe 2 :D

Will check with OUR TA when we decide ;)

Hope you & Besty are well

Regards

Lyn

Lyn, I thought I had heard about cheap flights from Toronto, Ontario to both Chicago and to St Louis ... In fact I know West Jet flies in and out of Chicago on some very attractive fares, it is the Canadian taxes that are a killer ... must pay for your health care! LOL!

I really think that the cruise down thethe River over the 4th of July is a real winner! I bet (I don't know) that if you did the rail package you could start in Toronto on VIA rail (an add on) and then travel to Chicago and take the bus Louisville to Indianapolis and the train Indianapolis to Toronto with a "connection" to VIA rail. You might want to check that out.

I also went on the Amtrak/Via Rail web site and came up with the following:

Sunday, July 1, 2012

7097 Maple Leaf (TWO - CBN)

Depart:

8:20 am, Sun, Jul 1, 2012

Arrive:

10:22 am, Sun, Jul 1, 2012

Duration:

2 hr, 2 min

Amenities

64 Maple Leaf (CBN - BUF)

Depart:

10:27 am, Sun, Jul 1, 2012

Arrive:

1:31 pm, Sun, Jul 1, 2012

Duration:

3 hr, 4 min

Amenities

49 Lake Shore Limited (BUF - CHI)

Depart:

11:59 pm, Sun, Jul 1, 2012

Arrive:

9:45 am, Mon, Jul 2, 2012

Duration:

10 hr, 46 min

Amenities

• 1 Adult $131.00
  • 1 Reserved Coach Seat
  • Subtotal $131.00 It will be more but more comfortable to get a bedroom I think for the Lake Shore Limited portion of the rail trip.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

8255 Bus (LVL - CHI)

Depart:

10:10 am, Wed, Jul 11, 2012

Arrive:

3:55 pm, Wed, Jul 11, 2012

Duration:

6 hr, 45 min

48 Lake Shore Limited (CHI - BUF)

Depart:

9:30 pm, Wed, Jul 11, 2012

Arrive:

8:58 am, Thu, Jul 12, 2012

Duration:

10 hr, 28 min

Amenities

63 Maple Leaf (BUF - CBN)

Depart:

3:10 pm, Thu, Jul 12, 2012

Arrive:

4:37 pm, Thu, Jul 12, 2012

Duration:

1 hr, 27 min

Amenities

7098 Maple Leaf (CBN - TWO)

Depart:

4:57 pm, Thu, Jul 12, 2012

Arrive:

7:42 pm, Thu, Jul 12, 2012

Duration:

2 hr, 45 min

Amenities

• 1 Adult $192.00 again extra charge but a bedroom on the Lake Shore Limited would be nice

• 1 Reserved Thruway Seat
  • 1 Reserved Coach Seat

I hope this helps you out!
  • Subtotal $192.00

Lyn, I thought I had heard about cheap flights from Toronto, Ontario to both Chicago and to St Louis ... In fact I know West Jet flies in and out of Chicago on some very attractive fares, it is the Canadian taxes that are a killer ... must pay for your health care! LOL!

Yes the airfare & Taxes are a killer that is why we drive most of the time

DH hates flying if he can drive that said we are flying off to TEXAS tomorrow for a few weeks

Thanks for the info

We will just be getting back from Europe then so no good

Lyn

Archived