Sorry for another lobster question-Is it served in main dining room on Europe cruises

stipmom

It depends on the cruise line. Most still have the usual lobster night (although real lobster lovers have to hold their nose when they call that stuff lobster) but we were on a RCI cruise that had no lobster. For those who truly love real lobster we always suggest finding a decent local restaurant that cooks live Maine Lobsters and have a little splurge. We were recently on a Celebrity New England cruise (14 nights) and a lot of the talk on the ship was about the great lobster many of us had in ports like Bar Harbor. I do not recall anyone talking about the so-called lobster tail they have on the ship.

Hank

I specifically need to know about the Celebrity ships.Taste is not the issue. Just need to know if it is served.

My friends are going on their first Europe cruise on the Silhouette and asked about the lobster. If it is not served in the main dining room we might just choose to go to the specialty restaurants on formal nights and not deal with formal clothes. I read it is smart casual in the specialty restaurants all the time.

I specifically need to know about the Celebrity ships.Taste is not the issue. Just need to know if it is served.

My friends are going on their first Europe cruise on the Silhouette and asked about the lobster. If it is not served in the main dining room we might just choose to go to the specialty restaurants on formal nights and not deal with formal clothes. I read it is smart casual in the specialty restaurants all the time.

We just returned from a cruise on the Solstice out of Barcelona. Lobster was served in the main dining room but it was split in two and stuffed with crab, just the bottom part of the tail was lobster meat and only half of the lobster is served. I did however ask for 2 and they obliged, no problem.

Johanne

We just back from the Equinox in Europe. Yes they serve what they call lobster in the MDR. It is Norwegian Lobster and the taste is not the same than in North America. The tail was so small it is not worth the choice. Have the steak on the menu insted.

Have a nice cruise.

Boucalatrem

Have to agree....... we were on Equinox Nov 7th cruise. I ordered the lobster stuffed with crab in the main dining room second formal night.

I am used to the type of lobster they served as we used to live in Florida and they are called Florida Spiny lobster. Pretty much just eat the tail.

Gotta say, it was pretty bad.

We just returned from a cruise on the Solstice out of Barcelona. Lobster was served in the main dining room but it was split in two and stuffed with crab, just the bottom part of the tail was lobster meat and only half of the lobster is served. I did however ask for 2 and they obliged, no problem.

Johanne

Same for us - and our servers mixed up our orders that night and it was the MDR experience from H***. Other tables at least were offered drawn butter - we never saw any.

The "Lobster night" would be a good night to try the specialty restaurant...

They had it in Blu. Our waiter thought it was weird when we didn't order the lobster. But I really am not fond of warm water lobster. And my husband grew up in New England, so lobster doesn't really hold a draw for him as something special.

I am from Nova Scotia and ordered what they call lobster once. It was not edible. I gave up ordering fish as well. I guess we are spoiled with our abundant seafood at home. We find they overcook the fish and there are no words for what they call lobster

Thanks for the answers. I will tell them that they do serve it but it is probably not worth having and do the specialty restaurants on the formal nights.

You might want to consider that most cruises save their best menus for the formal dinners. Whether you get the lobster (or whatever that dried-out puny thing is called) or other dishes..the overall menus often have much of the best the cruise line has to offer. We generally like to save our alternative restaurant meals for the other nights when they are serving (in the MDR) such rare delicacies as meatloaf, shephards pie, etc.

Hank

Archived