Upgrade when price drops? How does it work?

bluegirlum

I know I should do some searching, but I'm on my way out the door, and I don't have time to hold with RCCI, so I thought i'd ask the experts--you guys!

The price on my cabin for my January Majesty cruise has dropped $40. I understand I'm eligible for an upgrade if one's available, instead of OBC. I'm in a superior oceanview cabin on Deck 9 right now. Where would an upgrade get me? Would I have to pay for it? Is it worth it? I'm going solo, if that matters.

Thanks!

I know I should do some searching, but I'm on my way out the door, and I don't have time to hold with RCCI, so I thought i'd ask the experts--you guys!

The price on my cabin for my January Majesty cruise has dropped $40. I understand I'm eligible for an upgrade if one's available, instead of OBC. I'm in a superior oceanview cabin on Deck 9 right now. Where would an upgrade get me? Would I have to pay for it? Is it worth it? I'm going solo, if that matters.

Thanks!

you aren't eligible for OBC at all. If a cabin category higher than yours is the same price, call and ask to be upgraded.

Thanks!

The only up grade you can get would be from your Superior OV to a Junior Suite if the price of a Junior Suite has dropped to equal the price you paid for the Superior OV on Deck 9. If the Junior Suite price has not dropped you cannot upgrade. You are already in the highest cabin category for ocean view cabins so their is nothing to upgrade to except a Junior Suite. Keep checking the price to see but it is unlikely that a Junior Suite is going to drop that low. You can of course pay for an upgrade yourself to get the Junior Suite if the price difference is not too much for you. As to wether or not it is worth it that is a personal opinion but if you want a balcony and want double C&A credit and you can afford the difference in price go for it. I would and I cruise solo all the time.

As others have said, a price drop doesn't automatically grant eligibility for an upgrade. When everyone on this board says "upgrade," they mean that as long as it's not a sale price, you can apply what you've already paid towards a higher priced cabin if one is available. If that price is equal to or less than what you've already paid, it's a "free" upgrade. If it is higher, then you would owe the difference.

Archived