Shopping In Grand Cayman

blueyesdm

I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do while in Grand Cayman. Is the shopping good there? I hear the beaches are nice. So, I was thinking about not booking an excursion and just taking in the beach and shopping. However, is there a town right there where you dock or would you have to take a taxi?

Thanks!

I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do while in Grand Cayman. Is the shopping good there? I hear the beaches are nice. So, I was thinking about not booking an excursion and just taking in the beach and shopping. However, is there a town right there where you dock or would you have to take a taxi?

Thanks!

There are some nice shops in Georgetown selling jewelry, crystal, etc. If you like rum, don't miss going to the Tortuga rum shop and get samples of rum cake.

I don't know how the beach is since the hurricane, but it used to be beautiful.

Beaches are only $4 per person each way and not far at all. I would do that, go to the beach and then return to shop as there is plenty of shopping near the pier. Then you are ready to grab your tender back to the ship. Do it on your own. No problem.

Started our day with a nice snorkel excursion from the cruiseline (Royal)--two stops incl. a wreck & a reef. It's very close to the port but they definitely know where to take you--lots of fish of all kinds--really great. We then changed onboard & left for a nice lunch at Hard Rock--ready for burgers by then. Shopped for cigars & then I got a nice black coral gr Cayman turtle charm with gold inlay in a local jewelry store...price was definitely negotiable...I'd say this was a very nice day on our cruise. Next time hope the Botanical Gardens are re-opened so we can try them/. From speaking to folks, sadly there is still alot of damage out from the port area!

Just got back from Grand Cayman aboard NCL Sun. Bought a 1 liter bottle of Absolut vodka for $6.85 and a 1 liter bottle of Ketel One vodka for $12!! We bought it at the Tortuga store right at the cruise ship dock. They gave us a $2 off coupon off of each bottle since we were on the cruise ship. Even without this doscount, though, the liquor was cheaper than anywhere else we visited (Belize, Roatan, Cozumel).

Just got back from Grand Cayman aboard NCL Sun. Bought a 1 liter bottle of Absolut vodka for $6.85 and a 1 liter bottle of Ketel One vodka for $12!! We bought it at the Tortuga store right at the cruise ship dock. They gave us a $2 off coupon off of each bottle since we were on the cruise ship. Even without this doscount, though, the liquor was cheaper than anywhere else we visited (Belize, Roatan, Cozumel).

Wow! That is definitely a sweet deal! I'm going to have to wait and buy my alcohol in G.C. Thanks :)

This is a jewelry where semi-precious stones are inlaid into gold. They make rings, earrings, pendants, pins, etc. According to their web site, they are available at Kirk Freeport plaza. Would this be the one on Cardinal ave or the one at Bayshore mall?

Anyone priced this againist US prices for good deals?

Jacquelyn :D

If you are looking for jewelry, try to get an idea of the U.S. price of the item you are thinking of before you go. On one trip, I walked away from a beautiful Mikimoto pearl necklace because I had not researched prices and had no idea if I was getting a good price. Got back to the ship and mentioned it to my MIL who was traveling with us, she all but jumped off the ship and swam back because the price was so good. But, another trip, did my research first and was looking at tanzanine bracelets. Prices were a bit higher on GC than here in the States.

So, if you are thinking of the higher end items, do a little research here at home first.

So they do have good prices on liquor there? We always buy Jack Daniels for my hubby's parents when we cruise and we were wondering if we could get good prices on liquor in GC.

Thanks Much!

Grand Cayman had the cheapest liquor prices out of the four ports we visited. I do not know the price for Jack Daniels, but the vodka prices were really cheap. Absolut was 1/3 of the US price. Specifically, we thought the Tortuga store right at the cruise ship pier on GC had the best prices, but there are a few liquor stores within about 1-2 blocks of here that you could check out. Also, if you are comparing prices to US prices, remember that in the US most bottles are 750 mL, whereas in the caribbean duty free stores they are 1 liter. So if you think of it that way, the deal is even better!

Grand Cayman had the cheapest liquor prices out of the four ports we visited. I do not know the price for Jack Daniels, but the vodka prices were really cheap. Absolut was 1/3 of the US price. Specifically, we thought the Tortuga store right at the cruise ship pier on GC had the best prices, but there are a few liquor stores within about 1-2 blocks of here that you could check out. Also, if you are comparing prices to US prices, remember that in the US most bottles are 750 mL, whereas in the caribbean duty free stores they are 1 liter. So if you think of it that way, the deal is even better!

Thanks so much jandlsnorks! GC is the only island we are going to that is duty free, so this is excellent!! I really appreciate your help!

Archived