No summer Carribean cruises?

sdmike

There are only about ten NCL ships. They do bail out on the Caribbean during the summer and chase the Alaskan and NE ports.

Look at the Spirit in Feb for Valentine's Day. If you're there, I'll tell you about my beer haul this evening: another case of Shiner Holiday Cheer, Two bombers of Scaldis, one of Moylan's Kilt Lifter and on of The Sixthe Glass.

There are only about ten NCL ships. They do bail out on the Caribbean during the summer and chase the Alaskan and NE ports.

Look at the Spirit in Feb for Valentine's Day. If you're there, I'll tell you about my beer haul this evening: another case of Shiner Holiday Cheer, Two bombers of Scaldis, one of Moylan's Kilt Lifter and on of The Sixthe Glass.

Guess me sailing the Epic last summer was a fluke then. Thanks.

Got to find a trick to sailing cheap to AK. With all that scenery I really don't want an inside room

I just went to the NCL website. On my computer screen, May 2012 through September 2012 and May 2013 through October 2013 are grayed out while the other dates are in black.

My guess is they are altering information so those dates are not able to be selected at the moment.

I sailed on Spirit in July, so know they do sail the Caribbean in summer, just not as many choices as in winter. I think Star or some other ship will take over when Spirit goes to Europe.

Last summer it alternated between eastern and western Caribbean. We did western. This summer it'll be in Europe again

I think you meant 2 summers ago ... this summer is over :eek::(

EPIC did Europe this summer and will do it again next summer (2012).

We really loved the TA Barcelona - Miami in Oct.

I just went to the NCL website. On my computer screen, May 2012 through September 2012 and May 2013 through October 2013 are grayed out while the other dates are in black.

My guess is they are altering information so those dates are not able to be selected at the moment.

I sailed on Spirit in July, so know they do sail the Caribbean in summer, just not as many choices as in winter. I think Star or some other ship will take over when Spirit goes to Europe.

Star is doing Bermuda runs from NYC in summer 2012. New ship Breakaway will replace Star in summer 2013 for the Bermuda runs from NYC.

Guess me sailing the Epic last summer was a fluke then. Thanks.

Got to find a trick to sailing cheap to AK. With all that scenery I really don't want an inside room

Kinda. We did B2B Caribbean summer 2010 and we found it too hot - Caribbean cruising is better during the winter time.

How about you try one of the Bermuda runs on Star (from NYC)? I suggest you get one of the new SJ suites for the whole family - yes, it doesn't have balcony but floor to ceiling windows. Bermuda can get hot and humid and you don't really need balcony to sit out. Prices for SJ are good and you get suite perks (I think).

Bermuda is so beautiful and the beaches are white/pink and sea gorgeous - I think you and family will enjoy it.

ncl dawn from Boston sailing to bermuda

ncl star from newyork to bermuda

ncl jewel from seattle to Alaska

ncl pearl from seattle to Alaska

ncl sky miami to bahamas

the ncl Epic, Jade, sun and spirit are in europe.

So no ships in the caribbean... are there any other ships apart from the hawaii pride of america? I thought there were more than ten. when's the new breakaway gonna be ready and where is that sailing to? ( I might go and read up on it now sorry to ask a dumb question)

hang on there is one more ship - ncl Gem, I have no idea where thats disapeared to but I am hopeing its gonna sail to the caribbean for ya'll :)

ncl dawn from Boston sailing to bermuda

ncl star from newyork to bermuda

ncl jewel from seattle to Alaska

ncl pearl from seattle to Alaska

ncl sky miami to bahamas

the ncl Epic, Jade, sun and spirit are in europe.

So no ships in the caribbean... are there any other ships apart from the hawaii pride of america? I thought there were more than ten. when's the new breakaway gonna be ready and where is that sailing to? ( I might go and read up on it now sorry to ask a dumb question)

hang on there is one more ship - ncl Gem, I have no idea where thats disapeared to but I am hopeing its gonna sail to the caribbean for ya'll :)

Gem is doing NYC - Bahamas & Florida runs in summer 2012. Just saw that on NCL website (you need to click on more -> ;)).

Breakaway will do Bermuda runs in summer 2013.

Gem is doing NYC - Bahamas & Florida runs in summer 2012. Just saw that on NCL website (you need to click on more -> ;)).

Breakaway will do Bermuda runs in summer 2013.

Ok thanks , i missed that! do they really need 2 ships going to bermuda why cant they alternate and go to the caribbean? Just seems like carnival has the monopoly on the summer cruise market ... I think they really do need to build more ships! I know some people dont want any more mega ships but I think its a good thing, at least if they sent the bigger ships to europe you'd all still be able to sail to the caribbean in the summer ;) It makes no difference to me as I do a land based vacation in the summer and cruise in the fall/ spring.

I agree with other posters that 2 ships in Bermuda is unneccesary. I wonder if those are full ships when they sail.

I commented on another post recently that linked a port schedule in Sweden in 2013 and the Star was scheduled to port there. The only itin's released for summer 2013 are the Breakaway itin's. I'm curious as to where the ships will go for summer 2013. I'm hoping they keep atleast one ship in the Carib during the summer.

It is not just NCL that has pulled out of the Caribbean in the summer. We went RCCL this summer for their final summer cruises from San Juan. For main stream cruise lines the Caribbean in summer has been left to Carnival.

I agree with other posters that 2 ships in Bermuda is unneccesary. I wonder if those are full ships when they sail.

I commented on another post recently that linked a port schedule in Sweden in 2013 and the Star was scheduled to port there. The only itin's released for summer 2013 are the Breakaway itin's. I'm curious as to where the ships will go for summer 2013. I'm hoping they keep atleast one ship in the Carib during the summer.

The two ships cruising to Bermuda home port in different cities, NY and Boston. Yes, the cruises are generally full or nearly so as Bermuda is a very popular destination with cruisers from the Northeast.

NCL can command much higher fares on the cruises to Bermuda, which is in its high tourist season during the summer than it can command on cruises to the Caribbean, which is in its off season in the summer due to high heat and humidity and the threat of hurricanes.

So if you're running a cruise line, where do you position your assets (your ships) in the summer? Where they can command the highest fares...Bermuda, Alaska and Europe, or, where you would have to charge a lower fare, the Caribbean?

Star is doing Bermuda runs from NYC in summer 2012. New ship Breakaway will replace Star in summer 2013 for the Bermuda runs from NYC.

Thank you for the information on the Star sailing to Bermuda in '12. I'd forgotten about that.

It is not just NCL that has pulled out of the Caribbean in the summer. We went RCCL this summer for their final summer cruises from San Juan. For main stream cruise lines the Caribbean in summer has been left to Carnival.

I've only sailed twice during the summer - once on NCL to Bermuda and once on NCL to W. Caribbean. The one to the W. Caribbean was because we were traveling with family who had to go during that timeframe due to work - factory, school teacher, and school-age child. Carnival will clean up getting the Caribbean all to themselves.

• 2 months later...

Archived