Is it just me?

terri1020

We are sailing Feb. 5 on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore. Is it just me or are there others who are obsessed with their upcoming cruise? Ours began with 8 of us and now our group is up to 17. I'm on CC a few hours a day and checking the Carnival site pricing (we've gotten several price reductions due to this particular obsession).

In the past few weeks, I've read several posts about people attempting to surprise loved ones with a cruise. I LOVE the anticipation of a cruise and to me, being surprised on the day of would take away half of the cruise experience.

That's all I have to say today. I'm happily anticipating my cruise, obsessing about port stops, packing in my head, and feeling sorry for the folks I'm leaving behind.

Have a great day!

that reminds me.... i forgot to check for a price drop today..... :D

totally obsessed here, i think i am with you, i love the research and anticipation so much we usually book a year in advance so it gives me lots of time. I don't know if i would want to be surprised. If it were a month or so in advanced then i would love it :D

my parents suprised us in december 1998 with our first cruise. it was christmas day and we opened a photo album from the TA with the sensation on it with a note inside that we were sailing May 30, 1990. we had a while to wait but i was so excited. i then suprised my brother last june with the destiny, but alos more exciting was i recieved a call for only $200 more ($100/per person) to upgrade to an ocean suite....well worth the price.

Our kids are aware of the Oct 2012 cruise we have booked. They are totally unaware of the Jan 2012 cruise. Our youngest son is autistic and obsessed with cruise ships. We live about 15 miles from the port in Baltimore. If we drive past on a Sunday when the Pride is there he goes nuts and cries for hours because we are not getting on the ship. Anyway, for Christmas we are going to tell them we are taking them on vacation in Miami in a month. Since they will be missing school for a week we can't just completely blind side them LOL We will get to Miami then head to the port. By the time we park and are getting out with our luggage I think they will have figured it out. I'm pretty sure we can pull off driving by the ships and even parking. They are young and we can still lie to them rather easily :p "We are parking so we can go see the ships up close." They have no idea at all that we have this cruise planned. I'll look at my husband and say things like, "59 days!" they look confused and ask until what? I tell them, "until your new twin baby brothers get here!" Since I am now elderly and they realize I don't even like babies all that much they just roll their eyes and walk away. I know one of them is sweating bullets though really wondering if he will have to help change diapers soon LOL My kids may end up in therapy later in life ;)

Cruisegirl2002, THAT kind of surprise I wouldn't mind! It's the "we are taking a ride" and ending up at a cruise port that I'm talking about...but, thinking about it, I wouldn't REALLY mind if it meant I was going on a cruise!

Kr8z, although I wouldn't love it if I were surprised with a cruise the day of, I would LOVE to have surprised my kids the way you are! (Double standard applies here) I would LOVE to see pictures of your sons face when he realizes he's getting on that ship! Enjoy!

We are sailing Feb. 5 on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore. Is it just me or are there others who are obsessed with their upcoming cruise? Ours began with 8 of us and now our group is up to 17. I'm on CC a few hours a day and checking the Carnival site pricing (we've gotten several price reductions due to this particular obsession).

In the past few weeks, I've read several posts about people attempting to surprise loved ones with a cruise. I LOVE the anticipation of a cruise and to me, being surprised on the day of would take away half of the cruise experience.

That's all I have to say today. I'm happily anticipating my cruise, obsessing about port stops, packing in my head, and feeling sorry for the folks I'm leaving behind.

Have a great day!

Everyone gets obsessed by it, and then when they come back, everyone is totally depressed unless they have scheduled another cruise to look forward to. Really a bad cycle to get into, so I will spare you the suffering and take your cruise for you, make up stories about how bad it was, how lacking the service was, and how terrible the food is, just so you feel good about not having to suffer through that cruise. :)

Oh please,someone surprise me!

We are debating on a June, 4 day to Canada,with the kids. DH and I did a 5 day there in 2010 and now want to take the kids.

After that I would love to plan a 2013 with just DH and me.

I say a cruise is the only true vacation a mom gets.

Oh please,someone surprise me!

We are debating on a June, 4 day to Canada,with the kids. DH and I did a 5 day there in 2010 and now want to take the kids.

After that I would love to plan a 2013 with just DH and me.

I say a cruise is the only true vacation a mom gets.

How true! It really is the perfect vacation. We get a family deal and can spend time together. The kids get a break from us when they are in camp, we get a break from them while they are in camp, mom gets to eat a hot meal potentially 7 nights in a row... When we take a land vacation I am still cooking a coupe of meals, still cutting everyone's meat if we do go to a restaurant, etc. I mean I feel bad that the waiters on the ship will often cut stuff for the kids, but I roll with it LOL

Archived