Flight times have been confirmed

Northumbrialass

We booked our Viking Rhine cruise in August but flights couldn't be booked as more that 10 months prior to departure. We now have confirmed flight times from England to Amsterdam then onwards to Basel. Even though holiday is just over 8 months away I'm getting a little excited, bought a bottle of German white wine from Aldi. It was surprisingly drinkable, although quite sweet. We usually drink red wines from South America. However when on holiday we like to eat and drink the local cuisine and try the local tipple. DH will probably stick with beer/lager. Once the new year arrives I'll book our hotel accommodation in Basel, as we are staying in town for 2 nights before sailing to Amsterdam.

I do hope the river level rises for all of you who travel soon. I didn't know there was a problem until I read the CC posts.

Its described as Rhine Discovery in the Viking UK brochure. We are going next July travelling on the Helvetia. My goodness you are organised booking your holiday well over a year in advance. Come the New Year I'll book our 2 nights hotel accommodation in Basel before we start the cruise. We are doing a pre-cruise stay in Basel independently as its cheaper than booking through Viking.

Archived