Park 'N Go - FLL

NelleS

Just wanted to let you folks know that DH & I used Park 'N Go at Port Everglades for the first time. We are very happy with the place and will use them again for our April cruise.

We booked on line, and paid in advance. It was less than $90 for 11 days.

Shuttle was waiting when we arrived for departure, and just a little wait upon return.

We're using them im January. Thank you for the report. What time did you arrive for embarkation and how many ships were in port. We are lucky there will only be two when we leave and when we go home.

We got there Monday, 11/14, at around noon, maybe a little later. Our ship, the Zuiderdam, appeared to be the only ship there at the time. When we arrived back on Friday, 11/25, it seemed we were the only ship docked then, too.

HTH,

Ellen

We have used them on all our HAL cruises.

Shuttle was excellent.

For HAL cruisers they had the luggage drop off service.

They took your bags in the parking lot and the enxt time you saw them it was in your cabin.

If I remember correctly the charge was $6.00 a bag.

They also give a AAA discount

Gramps

I will be using the ParkNGo for the first time for my Cruise on Sunday on the Navigator. Since I noticed that the Navigator will be departing from Terminal 29 and would have to take a shuttle from Port Parking I figured I would save some money and park outside the Port.

They took your bags in the parking lot and the enxt time you saw them it was in your cabin.

Gramps

Is the AAA discount for the HAL baggage drop OR for Park'N'Go? If its for Park'N'Go, where you do imput that into your reservation as I see not place on the cash out reservations for Seniors Rates or AAA or Military(if they offer such).

Thanks!

ps. its still a cheap deal!

We have used them on all our HAL cruises.

Shuttle was excellent.

Gramps

According to Park n'Go, not true - following is the reply I received from them:

That's not true. Your bags ride right next to you on the shuttle and we drop you and your baggage together at the porter for your ship's terminal.

I think whoever posted that information is confused? The porters at the ship are not affiliated with us but they will take care of your checked luggage. Our only "help with luggage" is our driver taking it from your trunk onto the shuttle, and off the shuttle at the ship. (plus we do the same in reverse) We don't charge by the bag or anything like that.

• 1 year later...

Thanks so much for the posts on Park N Go. I think saving money any way you can...no matter what you are doing, is great! Also concerned about safety and if it was a "real deal" or not, but after seeing so many posts, we are going to use Park N Go this trip from Ft. Lauderdale.:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it feasible to walk to the cruise ship from either off-site parking (Park 'N Go or Park and Fly)? Google maps puts it at 1.2 miles for either--not a problem for us, but it doesn't look like there are sidewalks--though there are shoulders and grassy areas, it seems. Will the port authorities even let us in on foot? We've walked from the Holiday Inn Express in Jacksonville to that port, and from Penn Station to the Port of New York. Or MUST we take the shuttles?

I use FLL Park Safe. We use them a lot when flying out, and I always see people arriving there for cruises too. I have never had any problems with them at all. Very fast shuttle service on both sides.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

<snip> Will the port authorities even let us in on foot? We've walked from the Holiday Inn Express in Jacksonville to that port, and from Penn Station to the Port of New York. Or MUST we take the shuttles?</snip>

You might try calling the port for that information. I found this phone number at the bottom of their website: (954) 523-3404

I also found this contact information on a Facilities Guide and Directory on their website:

Port Security Administration

Peter Hoffman, Port Security Manager

Sgt. Jay Santalucia, Broward Sheriff’s Office,

Port Facility Security officer

Tel: 954-765-4511

Tel: 954-728-2700

Is it feasible to walk to the cruise ship from either off-site parking (Park 'N Go or Park and Fly)? Google maps puts it at 1.2 miles for either--not a problem for us, but it doesn't look like there are sidewalks--though there are shoulders and grassy areas, it seems. Will the port authorities even let us in on foot? We've walked from the Holiday Inn Express in Jacksonville to that port, and from Penn Station to the Port of New York. Or MUST we take the shuttles?

Why would you want to risk getting injured in a high traffic area when you can hop on the free shuttle and be dropped off in the front of the terminal?

Just curious.......:confused:

Oviedo32765--Thanks for the phone #--no one there today, but will call Monday. The facilities booklet, while interesting, didn't address arriving on foot (or not).

GTO-Girl--Park & Fly doesn't send any passengers TO the port until 11AM. Park & Go says the cruise port doesn't "recommend" arriving before 11--but doesn't indicate if they WILL take people before then. We will probably arrive around 10-10:30, but DH hates waiting--or at least would prefer to wait at the terminal than in the car park. Of course, if security won't let us in on foot, then it really doesn't matter. While waiting for the port to open, I thought I'd try boards.

I just spoke with a pleasant woman at the Port Authority who told me that yes, people on foot will not be turned away from the security gates as long as they have the required cruise documents and photo ID. She cautioned me, though, that there are no sidewalks, and construction work :eek: going on, so to be careful if we walked.

Speaking to an employee at Park & Go yesterday, I was told that they shuttle you "on demand" (his term) after we park the car, so it would SEEM that walking shouldn't be necessary, but it is possible.

Archived