Rum from Jamaica

lbfluffy

Years ago we went on a cruise to Jamaica. We bought the best rum. It was a flavored cream type rum. I can't remember the name, but it was so good. Now we are going on the Liberty to the Eastern Carribean. Does anyone know where I can get this rum? Thanks.

The name of it is Appleton Rum Cream. It comes in several different flavors. I have seen it at several of the ports of call in the Carribean. You can also purchase it over the internet. I can't lay my hands on the site right now, but will find it and let you know.

The name of it is Appleton Rum Cream. .

I think you are mistaken, but I could be wrong - I just have never seen Appelton rum cream. The name of the best rum cream on earth is Sangsters Rum Cream. Don't get anything else -- it just doesn't compare. I've tried the other Jamaican brands because they were cheaper, but they weren't as good. I was in Ocho Rios last Friday and picked up a bottle.

The first (and probably the best) Rum Cream I had was Sangsters in Jamaica. Some of their bottles also show 'Worlds End', but they are from Sangsters. We brought some back from our last trip to Ocho Rios.

I have not been able to find them locally, and one distributer I asked said that they dont sell in the U.S.

The closest thing I have found available in my area is Cruzan Rum Cream, which is made in St. Croix. Adding it to my morning coffee is a real 'jump start' for the day!!!

I plan on bringing back more Sangsters in August, as we are planning a 7 day trip to Sandals Grand Ocho Rios.

It was available all over. We found out one of the cheapest spots was a booth set up right at the edge of the pier. Could be different, depending on which pier - we were at the old 'James Bond' (because of a movie filmed there, so we were told) dock at Ocho Rios. We paid for it and they packed it and delivered to the ship, no problem mon.

I think you are mistaken, but I could be wrong - I just have never seen Appelton rum cream. The name of the best rum cream on earth is Sangsters Rum Cream. Don't get anything else -- it just doesn't compare. I've tried the other Jamaican brands because they were cheaper, but they weren't as good. I was in Ocho Rios last Friday and picked up a bottle.

You're both right. :) Here's a link.

Sangster's and Appelton are made by the same distiller.

Archived