Help with final payment..

AnJ

Okay, so here's the scoop; I'm booked for a cruise leaving in 74 days from today, final payment was due yesterday or today. I've not heard a word from my TA about the final payment, so I call Celebrity and tell them my problem; they tell me to contact my TA, well, I have both by email and left phone messages and have not heard back. In any case, Celebrity tells me there's nothing they can do but they already have my money for select dinning and $60 for Tuscan Grill. What does one do in a case like this?

Don't worry yet. As long as Celebrity has your deposit they won't necessarily cancel your reservation. Although they certainly have the right to. However, when working with a Travel agent you pay the travel agent and the agent forward the funds onto Celebrity less their commission or the travel agent will call in your credit card number for final payment. All payment issue must go through your travel agent. It the TA responsibility to collect final payment in a timely matter and forward it on to the cruise lines. If you don't heard back from travel agent or can't get a hold of the travel agency or owner/supervisor of the agency within the next few days call Celebrity back and ask to speak to a supervisor of reservation and explain your situation. They'll try to contact the agency on your behalf to resolve payment issues. It could be your agent is out of town or sick.

Thanks for getting back. Yes, I have, both the local number and the toll free number, all I get is an answering machine.

You mention a local number. Does that mean they have a brick and mortar shop somewhere where you live? If so, go down and get in their faces.

I'd recommend you find a more responsive TA for your next cruise. If my TA didn't return my calls/e-mails she would be history really fast!

You can always call the police in that town and ask if they know if the agency is still in business. Tell them you are concerned because they should be answering their phone and haven't for several days. They may help. They may not. Depends on what is happening. They don't need to know why you are calling the agency just that you are concerned because they should be answering their phones. Were your deposits posted by Celebrity or the travel agency?

Okay, so here's the scoop; I'm booked for a cruise leaving in 74 days from today, final payment was due yesterday or today. I've not heard a word from my TA about the final payment, so I call Celebrity and tell them my problem; they tell me to contact my TA, well, I have both by email and left phone messages and have not heard back. In any case, Celebrity tells me there's nothing they can do but they already have my money for select dinning and $60 for Tuscan Grill. What does one do in a case like this?

Hi AnJ,

In your particular case, I suggest contacting Celebrity and ask to speak with a Supervisor. Perhaps they will try to contact the TA on your behalf. If they are unable to contact the TA, I believe they would accept final payment from you directly, as your final payment is due, and it's in everyone's best interest to resolve the matter.

Please let us know what happens. Good Luck !

Hi AnJ,

In your particular case, I suggest contacting Celebrity and ask to speak with a Supervisor. Perhaps they will try to contact the TA on your behalf. If they are unable to contact the TA, I believe they would accept final payment from you directly, as your final payment is due, and it's in everyone's best interest to resolve the matter.

Please let us know what happens. Good Luck !

YEs, do this. I had this happen several years ago- got the "you are using a TA"

Call them, tell them the ta is unresponsive and you want to talk to whomever you need to talk to to make FP to save the cruise. Have the cc ready and don't take no but be nice. This was with Royal, they tried to contact the ta, no luck, so they took my payment and wound up telling me that they might suspend this ta from doing business with them. There is a grace period, but after that your cabin is back in the pool.

You can always call the police in that town and ask if they know if the agency is still in business. Tell them you are concerned because they should be answering their phone and haven't for several days. They may help. They may not. Depends on what is happening. They don't need to know why you are calling the agency just that you are concerned because they should be answering their phones. Were your deposits posted by Celebrity or the travel agency?

Having retired from a career in Law Enforcement...May I respectfully request that you please don't call the Police Department because a Travel Agency has not returned your phone call.

Having retired from a career in Law Enforcement...Please don't call the Police Department because a Travel Agency has not returned your phone call.

Yes, don't worry, I won't call the police, but thanks to the OP of that idea, it's well meaning.. I'll see tomorrow what happens, it is cyber Monday, after all..

Okay, well, all is taken care of. I have no idea what the problem was (smething was explained, but darned if I could know) in any case, heard from TA and final payment was made today, and we are booked!

Okay, well, all is taken care of. I have no idea what the problem was (smething was explained, but darned if I could know) in any case, heard from TA and final payment was made today, and we are booked!

Glad to hear everything is resolved. Have a great cruise!

Hi AnJ !

Thanks for letting us know your issue was resolved. Time to get ready for your Cruise !

So happy it turned out well. We had a 60 person group book with a local TA (in MD). I got a call from the state police saying they found our name in the TA's records because we used AMEX for our deposit. The police were investigating the TA for fraud - as it turns out, the only payments actually placed with RCCL were ours! And we found this out right after final payment was made. Some of our group knew the TA for years - one actually worked for her part time - but that didn't stop the TA from taking everyone's money and disappearing. It took some doing to fix the mess since we were a group and booked through a TA. Thank goodness for AMEX and RCCL's fraud departments. However, only 20 people wound up going on the cruise and all of them had to pay for the cruise again and only had a few days from when we were notified to do so. Again, we were the lucky ones for using AMEX!

Marianne

So happy it turned out well. We had a 60 person group book with a local TA (in MD). I got a call from the state police saying they found our name in the TA's records because we used AMEX for our deposit. The police were investigating the TA for fraud - as it turns out, the only payments actually placed with RCCL were ours! And we found this out right after final payment was made. Some of our group knew the TA for years - one actually worked for her part time - but that didn't stop the TA from taking everyone's money and disappearing. It took some doing to fix the mess since we were a group and booked through a TA. Thank goodness for AMEX and RCCL's fraud departments. However, only 20 people wound up going on the cruise and all of them had to pay for the cruise again and only had a few days from when we were notified to do so. Again, we were the lucky ones for using AMEX!

Marianne

Didn't I read about this in the news last month?

Archived