Can you bring toilet paper onboard??

JEDIKNIGHT

We did not cheat, and after the first day our cabin steward knew our personal preferences and always had a fresh roll for each of us in the bathroom when we returned from the MDR.

Wow! The cabin steward kept a fresh roll in your cabin at all times?! It's great that he kept on top of something like that. Now THAT'S a wonderful steward. Hope you gave him an extra tip.

I believe you're allowed 2 rolls PER CABIN, not per person! Doesn't matter if it's a 5-day, 7-day or 15-day cruise ... so you had better make it last if you're doing a long one (you can take that last part 2 ways, by the way)! ;)

Best to do a B2B2B of 5,5,4 nighters, to maximize your benefit of tp! This way you get 6 rolls of tp, 2 per cruise, over the 14 nights, rather than only 2 rolls on a 15 nighter! :D :D

Best to do a B2B2B of 5,5,4 nighters, to maximize your benefit of tp! This way you get 6 rolls of tp, 2 per cruise, over the 14 nights, rather than only 2 rolls on a 15 nighter! :D :D

We are doing a 5,4,5 starting the end of January. Thanks for giving us this idea.

On our last Celebrity cruise, I got the Premium T.P. package for my wife and the Classic package for me. Was it worth it? We were both very satisfied. Did we use more because we had the package? Definitely yes on sea days; maybe not on days in port. But it was worth it to us to not have to think about it every time. YMMV.

RICK

I find the value of the package depends a lot on the itinerary. We were on a Europe cruise where, unfortunately, I hardly used the package at all. But then we were on a cruise with a stop in Mexico and we really got our money's worth on that cruise!!

If you MUST use 2-ply tissue, double over the ship's toilet paper! It's designed for the delicate plumbing on the ship.

ONLY flush the ship's toilet paper. Do not flush tissues, wet-wipes, tampons, diapers....NOTHING but the toilet paper the ship provides!

Are you sure this statement is correct? as I always thought you could flush two other things begining with a P. But I guess like someone else suggested I could take it off at each port, but I will definitely cancel my next TA that has six straight sea days.:D :D

If one is accustomed to only the best in life, and therefore wishes to bring aboard 2-ply toilet paper.....

1.)What is the limit? Is it like alcohol? Are you allowed to bring 2 rolls of 2-ply? What if you bring just one roll of 4-ply? Heck what if you bring aboard a tree? Will security confiscate it along with your scotch?

2.)AUTO-TIPPING. Would you adjust your tips up or down for the room steward if you brought your own 2-ply toilet paper?

:D

I think someone went to the Court of Human Rights over this issue of tissue and I knew they were due to construe what they knew to be true but a review through Judge Montague from Timbuktu misconstrued the purview which did undervalue wherinto he did argue an impromptu interview where he did eschew and pooh pooh and skew the view.

Sorry for the clerihew.

I recommend devoting one whole suitcase to the extra rolls of toilet paper, the bed linens, and those fluffy hand and bath towels you use at home, and clothes pins to hang all those items that you will be washing in the bathroom sink. :D

I wonder what the people who got the used rolls thought. They left the room with a full roll and came back to a half used one??? That has to be a little disconcerting.

:rolleyes:

Tom

Wow! The cabin steward kept a fresh roll in your cabin at all times?! It's great that he kept on top of something like that. Now THAT'S a wonderful steward. Hope you gave him an extra tip.

Please guys... Stop!!! I've just litterally had a coffee-through-the-nose moment 'cause I was laughing so hard ;) Just trying to imagine security staff confiscating toilet paper!

Maybe somebody from X head office in Miami will read this and get some ideas? :D

Cheers,

Luc

Although I'm glad we're getting to the bottom of this topic, maybe it's time we end this discussion. Or should I butt out and turn the other cheek? I don't want to earn a bum rap by complaining. It's just that I feel like I'm getting behind in reading these posts. Oh well, I think I'll take a seat at the rear of the kitchen and start cooking my rump roast. But right now I've been baking and I've got to take my buns out. Like they say: "The job's not finished until the paperwork is done". Bye.

If you are accustomed to the very best you should by all means bring your own.You could use a separate rolling carry on for that purpose.:D:D:D You might also want to bring your own porta potty too.

No problem, just remove the rolls of toilet paper from the rolling carry on and then you can use the suitcase as your personal porta potty. When the cruise is over take the full bag home and use it to fertilize your garden.

I recommend devoting one whole suitcase to the extra rolls of toilet paper, the bed linens, and those fluffy hand and bath towels you use at home, and clothes pins to hang all those items that you will be washing in the bathroom sink. :D

We always do this, but I'm not sure if we do it the same way your're talking about. See we take an extra empty suitcase and when it goes home it has " the extra rolls of toilet paper, the bed linens, and those fluffy hand and bath towels".

As a side benefit we use the toilet paper for a month before the following cruise which not only saves us money but breaks us in for the on-board experience.

Actually, I bring along several rolls of toilet paper (2ply of course) soaked in vodka. They are good for quite a few martinis. Had a problem a few years ago though when my wife thought they were wipes/tucks. She got really pissed and I lost two perfectly good martinis.

If you bring your own TP from home, must you use it only in your cabin? I was thinking about threading a roll of 3 ply onto a bungee cord and hanging it around my neck. That way, it's handy for use in the public restrooms, as well as our cabin.

I think there's a rule that you can only use it in your cabin, unless they open it for you elsewhere. And if you have them open it for you in a lounge or somewhere they will charge an unpackaging fee, which I've heard is pretty steep.

Archived