Weather/dress from past E.Caribbean in late Feb?

CactusGirly

We are doing the E. Caribbean cruise in late February (26th). I am an Arizona girl (we have thin blood out here and are weenies for cold:o) and I am wondering about the weather most of all. I'm smart enough to google a weather report, but they give such broad ranges. I would love to hear from folks who have actually been there that time of year what they thought of the temps, and were the ocean temps warm enough in the ports for swimming? Also what were ladies wearing on their Celebrity sailing that time of year (at sailaway & on ship) due to temps?

Let me give you a man's point of view....

The reason you see temperature ranges is that it really does vary...and that's both outdoors and indoors. The trick to any cruise (actually any travelling) is to plan to wear layers. Yes, on most days outdoor swimming is very comfortable...but then you go inside the ship to a room that is, for some unknown reason, cooler than normal.

My guess is that unless you are a very early riser or want to walk the deck at 2am, you won't need much more than a light jacket...and you probably will never wear it.

The interior of the ship is generally somewhere around 72-74 degrees in my estimation.....but that can vary a bit, as I said.

OK...now let's see what the women have to say....

I cruise every year in mid - late feb and can say that i've had it all. It can get chilli in the bars and resturants with the air con at noght so I always bring a wrap/shawl to sling over my shoulders.

In 2009 it rained every day for 7 days :eek: until we reach St.Maarten

So I normally pack optimistically for hot days but take a sweater and a light rain mac.

Of course if it rains in the Caribbean its only liquid sunshine and may not last very long...........relax enjoy and let the weather do what it wants your on vacation :)

Let me give you a man's point of view....

The reason you see temperature ranges is that it really does vary...and that's both outdoors and indoors. The trick to any cruise (actually any travelling) is to plan to wear layers. Yes, on most days outdoor swimming is very comfortable...but then you go inside the ship to a room that is, for some unknown reason, cooler than normal.

My guess is that unless you are a very early riser or want to walk the deck at 2am, you won't need much more than a light jacket...and you probably will never wear it.

The interior of the ship is generally somewhere around 72-74 degrees in my estimation.....but that can vary a bit, as I said.

OK...now let's see what the women have to say....

That is a very helpful answer, man or woman! ;) Thanks!

Firstly you do not have thin blood. It is simply a matter of a metabolic adjustment.

Secondly, you will find the outdoor temperature to be warm.

Oh Jack, that made me giggle. I know my blood is not actually thin, it's just a figure of speech we "thin-blooded" folk from Arizona use frequently. ;)

And I am sure it will be warm... I am just trying to get a sense of how warm folks have typically experienced (by asking about swimming and dress) ... warm to someone from Michigan may be different than warm to someone from Arizona. And I know mother nature may throw us a curve ball and it could rain the whole time... that's what the drink package is for, right? :)

Oh Jack, that made me giggle. I know my blood is not actually thin, it's just a figure of speech we "thin-blooded" folk from Arizona use frequently. ;)

And I am sure it will be warm... I am just trying to get a sense of how warm folks have typically experienced (by asking about swimming and dress) ... warm to someone from Michigan may be different than warm to someone from Arizona. And I know mother nature may throw us a curve ball and it could rain the whole time... that's what the drink package is for, right? :)

I live in SWFL; and, the weather in the E.Carribean in Feb. is fine. The water temperature will probably be in the low 80's.

I live in SWFL; and, the weather in the E.Carribean in Feb. is fine. The water temperature will probably be in the low 80's.

Thanks! Very helpful. I have been to your neck of the woods at various times of the year ... great weather you have there, although I don't envy your summer humidity.

We usually go mid to end of February every year. The weather has been off and on with temps. Two years ago it rained everyday (for about one hr) and then last year it only rained once at night. The temps are usually pretty warm, not hot. St Maarten has some of the best weather and Puerto Rico was beautiful. Your on vacation, don't worry. You can't control the weather so just sit back and enjoy whatever the weather is. Oh, and bring a sweater:)

We just cruised to the Southern Caribbean on the Silhouette. The weather outside was warm. However, the temperature inside the ship was frigid!!! I wore long pants and sweaters during the day, and extra lingerie under my dresses at night. I don't know why they think people like it so cold. Even my husband, who likes things cool, commented that the ship was too cold.

I too, find it to be freezing inside the ship at all times but then again, I also have the "thin blood" thing going on. (I think someone made a huge mistake and I was really supposed to be born in Arizona and not frozen Wisconsin!!) I wore a sweater the whole time I was on board and had to wash it on my 7 day cruise because I wore it so much! LOL Thank goodness for the hot Caribbean sun or I'd have turned into a popsicle...oh and I'm a woman and my husband could wear shorts in winter and still be comfortable but that's just how most people are here in WI!!

I too, find it to be freezing inside the ship at all times but then again, I also have the "thin blood" thing going on. (I think someone made a huge mistake and I was really supposed to be born in Arizona and not frozen Wisconsin!!) I wore a sweater the whole time I was on board and had to wash it on my 7 day cruise because I wore it so much! LOL Thank goodness for the hot Caribbean sun or I'd have turned into a popsicle...oh and I'm a woman and my husband could wear shorts in winter and still be comfortable but that's just how most people are here in WI!!

Well that sounds just like me, so I hereby proclaim you an honorary Arizona girl!

Archived