New Years Cruise

rwstout

I am going on a cruise on 1/1/2012 ... Will there be anything spacial. Any stories from past New Years Cruise. This is also my 5th wedding Anniversary

We'll be on the cruise with you. :D This will be my third Carnival cruise leaving the day or two after New Years, and there won't be any special celebrations. There will probably be a lit up "2012" on the Lido deck and the holiday decorations should still be up around the ship. We did a 3-day a couple years ago that left on January 2nd and the holiday decorations remained up for the entire cruise. Last year we did a 5-day that left on January 1 and the holiday decorations were up for the first few days... but honestly I didn't even notice they took them down partway through until I looked at my photos later. :o

Congrats on your anniversary! On the first night in the MDR your waitstaff will ask if anyone is celebrating any special occasions. If you tell them which day your anniversary is, they'll bring out an extra dessert after dinner and sing to you... the catch for anniversaries is that you can't stop kissing each other until the waiters stop singing. :p My birthday is January 1 so I'll be celebrating too. :)

Don't feel like you're missing out on a celebration... cruises that include December 31 cost SO much more! Are you flying in a day early? We're flying into MIA on 12/30 and spending two nights in South Beach. I can tell you from experience that New Years in South Beach is one of the best parties around. And since New Years Day is my birthday we always take a vacay that week and so I've celebrated New Years in many different cities / countries and I can tell you that South Beach will always be near the top of the list!

Our Anniversary is the 1st. We had planed to eat in the steakhouse that night should we or do you think we should eat in MDR. I have been looking at all the you tube videos. Do they really sing and dance all the time. It looks so fun...

I think you missed it by a day - I will also be sailing out on the 1st of the new year. I've been on 2 New Years Eve cruises & they're a blast! Didn't book one this time because the one leaving on the 1st was $200 cheaper with the same itinerary... What ship are you booked on?

Our Anniversary is the 1st. We had planed to eat in the steakhouse that night should we or do you think we should eat in MDR. I have been looking at all the you tube videos. Do they really sing and dance all the time. It looks so fun...

Our anniversary is also the first. :D

DW says I can't forget our anniversary because its 01/01/01 :rolleyes:

We were on Fantasy on 1/1/2011, and they did offer champagne when we boarded. Christmas decorations were starting to come down.

Have a great cruise! :D

I am going on a cruise on 1/1/2012 ... Will there be anything spacial. Any stories from past New Years Cruise. This is also my 5th wedding Anniversary

I would not expect anything special. The big time is New Years eve, not New Years day.

We'll try to leave the ship intact for you! We get off as you get on the Valor. It will be our second New Years Cruise. The first one we left Key West in the early evening (Wish we would have overnighted there!). But had fun on the top deck with Hats and fireworks. This time we get off the next morning, won't be fun getting up so early just so you can get on..:rolleyes:

We'll be on the cruise with you. :D This will be my third Carnival cruise leaving the day or two after New Years, and there won't be any special celebrations. There will probably be a lit up "2012" on the Lido deck and the holiday decorations should still be up around the ship. We did a 3-day a couple years ago that left on January 2nd and the holiday decorations remained up for the entire cruise. Last year we did a 5-day that left on January 1 and the holiday decorations were up for the first few days... but honestly I didn't even notice they took them down partway through until I looked at my photos later. :o

I'm so excited to see this! From your signature, it looks like the Jan. 2nd cruise was on the Imagination? We're doing that same cruise next month and I've been wondering about decorations. So glad to hear that they may still be there!

If you eat in the steakhouse on the first night of the cruise, you are given a complimentary bottle of wine during your dinner. Don't forget to ask for it, if it's not offered right away.

Archived