Tastings

harleysmama

It has been a couple of years since I have been on a Princess cruise and can't remember do they have tastings, like wine, beer or martini's?

Every ship has two wine tastings. One is about $9 and the other around $25 (I do not remember for sure). Obviously the higher priced one has better wines.

There was a beer tasting (do not remember the cost) on one Princess cruise I was on in the past year, but is the only time I have seen it listed.

They do have a Martini making demonstration, but I would not call it a tasting.

Every ship has two wine tastings. One is about $9 and the other around $25 (I do not remember for sure). Obviously the higher priced one has better wines.

There was a beer tasting (do not remember the cost) on one Princess cruise I was on in the past year, but is the only time I have seen it listed.

They do have a Martini making demonstration, but I would not call it a tasting.

Princess have an 'upmarket'(?) wine tasting which costs $34 pp. You get to taste a small sample of 6 wines. I counted the number of samples poured from one 750 ml bottle - 20! It works out to be all-up about 1 class of wine in total you drink - for $34! :eek::eek:

Sure they talk about the wines, but to me it was just padding.

They also provide nibbles, which you can get from the HC anyhow.

All up not worth it, if you ask me! :mad:

There are two wine tastings. One is the Princess Grapevine. It is $9 or $10 pp. It is free for Elite passengers.

The second is the Maitre 'd Wine Tasting. I think that is $34.

They also have a Martini demonstration. Not sure if it includes any tasting.

On the Grand couple of years ago they did some malt whisky tasting sessions for $25 for 6 types but the head office put a stop to them - I don't know why as it was very popular.

It might have been because it was poured, unmeasured, straight from the bottle - hic!! (which could be the reason it was very popular)

On the Golden last December, I seem to remember all sorts of tastings during the 14 days.

In my blog (link below) to that cruise, I list some of the activities, including the following:

Princess Grapevine wine tasting ($9.50), Sommelier’s Wine Club ($25), Fruit & Vegetable Carving Demo, Ice Carving demonstration, Culinary Demo ,Gallery Tour, Mixology Madness

Hawaiian Kona coffee tasting, Tropical Rum Tasting, Godiva Belgian Chocolate sampling

Archived