Getting booze on the Jewel specifically

I was a good boy and did a search, and it appears nobody has brought this up.....Those that have gone out of Tampa in the last couple of weeks, what's the results of getting alcohol on board. I know somebody sailing on their soon and they were curious as to how strict they've been.

Thanks for your replies on this....we don't need any of the "you know you're not suppose to take booze on board".....We're well aware of that.

Ah the old " I know someone that is sailing soon " story. Not you then, good, anyway the answer is the same as it would be on any ship any day. You might get lucky or not, it just depends if the person checking is doing their job correctly or not.

We just were on the Jewel a couple of weeks ago but didn't take anything on board with us initially - didn't want to take the chance. But, at the two stops we purchased liquor which they found when we went through the scanner but due to the crowds we were able to walk past the table where you were supposed to leave your purchases - twice! Ironically, we didn't drink any of the liquor in our cabin but it was nice to be able to pack it for the trip home. If you haven't heard already, they now make you pick up any liquor purchases, even from the ship's stores, on the day is disembarkation. IMO, that's a big pain in the a-----

Good luck and have fun!

Thank you Island lady and mapltc for giving us a specific reply for Tampa....that's what we were looking for....I'll see what others are seeing and then let my friends know.....Interesting to hear they tried grabbing it, but didn't succeed

You are most welcome! :)

I would love to bring on a chilled bottle of bubbly for my NYE cruise to enjoy with my DH, and sister who has a JS cabin which we could enjoy for sail away on her balcony....but not sure if I will be able to. Have tried several times to pre-order a gift bottle to send to my sister's cabin in advance, but the system is not letting me do it. Guess they are shooting themselves in the foot on that one. :eek: ;)

but due to the crowds we were able to walk past the table where you were supposed to leave your purchases - twice!

Same thing happened to me on Serenade at a port. Had a small 100ml bottle fo Rum from St. Kitts in shorts pocket. Metal cap alerted them to check and saw bulge so questioned it. When I took it out they said leave it on the table. But there was NO table anywhere. I looked all over (really!) and gave up and took it back to cabin. Of course the two in my backpack went through X-ray just fine. Brought them home for gifts.

Archived