Solo travelers

Italy_lover123

Hi there,

Does Celebrity have activities or get togethers for solo travelers? Or just overall activites for everyone?

I asked my travel agent to put me at a table for 8 people (I think that is a good number to be with). Will Celebrity put other solo travelers together or is it the luck of the draw?

Thanks.

Hi there,

Does Celebrity have activities or get togethers for solo travelers? Or just overall activites for everyone?

I asked my travel agent to put me at a table for 8 people (I think that is a good number to be with). Will Celebrity put other solo travelers together or is it the luck of the draw?

Thanks.

There is no rhime or reason as to how the seating is done. In my 15 plus times of solo travel it's only been on 2-3 cruises that I was seated with another solo travelers. I have found that matre'd does seating more in terms have attemptimg to leverage the number of guests among the waiters in attempt to equalize their tips, rather than being concerned about seating solos with solos. For this reason I've been a seat filler more than anything but that's never bothered me as I have traveled extensively by myself when working and learned to go with the flow. The good news is that you can always ask the matre'd to switch you if you are not happy with the seating arrangement.

You may want to post your question over on the "Solo Cruisers" board. There's a lady that posts there by the name of Lois who may be able to help you. She sails Celebrity a lot.

Roz

There is a solo get together on Celebrity, but it's not well attended and most of us solos think they're very lame. Find your roll call here on Cruise Critic and get to know some of your fellow cruisers before you even set sail. The roll call is a good way to break the ice and arrange get togethers. I've done about 25 solo cruises on Celebrity and I find them very solo friendly. Yes, they do tend to group solos together at dinner tables, but if they don't, it's just a matter of seeing the maitre'd to get your table changed. Don't worry about doing that because it's done all the time.

As far as activities are concerned, everyone joins in, including solos. I like the trivia games as it allows me to meet a lot of different people.

Hi there,

Thanks.

Yes on certain sailings Celebrity has singles programs. In fact, JANUARY 22 - 29, 2012 - 7 night Singles(40+) Western Caribbean Cruise on the CELEBRITY SOLSTICE. Cruising roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale to Grand Cayman Island, Cozumel, Roatan and Costa Maya

Archived