Marina Question

dincus

Does Marina offer for purchase any day or by cruise thermal spa packages such as hot beds, aromatherapy room, sauna/steam rooms? Thanks!

The steam rooms are complimentary but you can find out about the spa packages here:

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/lifestyle/default.aspx

or here:

http://www.canyonranch.com/spaclub/oceania_cruises/

Thanks J and S. We hadn't found those links and came up with nothing doing a search. We just got off RCCL on Thursday and started every day and ended every afternoon with a trip to the Thermal Suite. We're really looking forward to Oceania! Do you by chance know if they offer only day passes or can you purchase a package for the whole cruise? Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...
The sauna/steam room is indeed complimentary. I don't believe the spa whirlpools are, but didn't even see them.

From the web site info, it does indeed sound like the spa whirlpools aren't complimentary, but maybe I don't know what a spa whirlpool is! On Regatta, the whirlpools next to the swimming pool outside are (obviously) free, so I was assuming that Marina also had them by the pool as well (and free). So now I'm thinking that the web site info refers to the special "therapy" spa that's normally on Oceania ships in the Canyon Ranch Spa and not the whirlpools by the pool. Just what is the "therapy" spa anyway, and why is it so special, anyway?!

From the web site info, it does indeed sound like the spa whirlpools aren't complimentary, but maybe I don't know what a spa whirlpool is! On Regatta, the whirlpools next to the swimming pool outside are (obviously) free, so I was assuming that Marina also had them by the pool as well (and free). So now I'm thinking that the web site info refers to the special "therapy" spa that's normally on Oceania ships in the Canyon Ranch Spa and not the whirlpools by the pool. Just what is the "therapy" spa anyway, and why is it so special, anyway?!

The ones by the pool are free, the therapy pool in the spa deck area are not unless you have the cabin cat that allows free access or you have a treatment in the spa then you can use it for 1 hr free before OR after the treatment

another option is to buy the spa deck day pass

I believe the therapy whirlpool is salt water..maybe someone in the know will answer the question

Lyn

The spa pools are called "thalassotherapy" pools. One definition states, "The ancient treatment of thalassotherapy involves bathing in a warm, mineral-rich pool with stimulating hydrotherapy jets to help relieve arthritis and other aches and pains."

Some ships have elaborate T-pools,

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRt0Y4rpyNzZNs8oo-bu-IIeZ_l_d3opFREmFACLSN8JTGDTp1MpQ

but those on Oceania ships are essentially like the ones by the pool, except for the mineral-enriched saltwater.

Archived