Earliest flight time from cape liberty?

sr5242

No problem at all. I assume you are talking about Newark Airport? (EWR)

Jimbo:)

Yes, Newark airport. Thanks for the quick reply. We have a car service reserved for 930 am pick up, but I'm wondering if it might be best to cancel and just grab a cab when we get off.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Our experience has been when walking off most people are bolting to the parking lot to get in our cars. If I was you I would just opt for a taxi. Just tell them you are in a hurry to catch a flight and don't want a van.

Trouble with a car service is the timing that you might or might not make.

Jimbo:)

thanks again all!

Another quick question, my mother has a physical handicap and requires a wheelchair or ride for long distances- do you know if cape liberty or rccl offer assistance with disembarkation and/or getting to exit?

When you disembark the ship, you take a bus ride from the ship to the terminal. The ship is not right in front of the terminal building as it is in other ports.

The buses are old -- not the new hydraulic kind that lower down nearly to the sidewalk so that people don't have to take steep steps to go aboard.

It is a very steep step to go onto the bus. However, they have people there to assist. And if you are getting wheelchair assistance they will help.

Please keep all of this in mind if you are planning on dashing out of the port to catch an early flight.

Cape Liberty is usually a mess, because even if you disembark late, you are crossing the new passengers who came to embark early.

The cruise itself is lovely from Cape Liberty, but the port itself is quite disorganized.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Archived