First time user questions

AlaskaFan05

I have been reading some threads and I have two dumb questions.

1) can someone tell me what DH stands for? I have figured out the other abbreviations but I seem to be stumped with this one.

2) I see some people have guarantee reservations. Why would you select guarantee reserv over selecting a cabin at time of booking? Is guarantee booking a better way to do it?

Thanks

I have been reading some threads and I have two dumb questions.

1) can someone tell me what DH stands for? I have figured out the other abbreviations but I seem to be stumped with this one.

2) I see some people have guarantee reservations. Why would you select guarantee reserv over selecting a cabin at time of booking? Is guarantee booking a better way to do it?

Thanks

DH= Dear Husband

Some people like to book guar cabins in the hopes of getting an upgrade to a higher category cabin.

Our HAL Westerdam (the older one) was booked on a guarantee. Did not know our room assignment until arrival at the ship. 5 upgrades higher then then booking guarantee.
You were lucky, because I have heard about alot of guarantees were given upgrades but not better cabins or views!

dh=dear husband, dumb husband, dizzy hubby, etc. LOL.

My husband and I would never do a guarantee cabin. Not that they aren't any good, it's just that we are the type who want to know where we are months before we sail. My husband doesn't like to go on board and not know where he's going. He wants to find the cabin and get settled as soon as possible. We don't like to be surprised with a location. Some people don't mind this, and that's fine, it's just our choice. I am sure there are many people out there with a story about how they got a really good deal on a guarantee cabin. There are probably just as many who will complain about the cabin they got from their guarantee.

Archived