Dec4-two HAL ships sailaway today

mountainmare

Another big day in Fort Lauderdale, seven ships including the Nieuw Amsterdam and Westerdam.

Sailaways supposed to start at 4--the HAL ships leave at 5 with the Regent Mariner last out at 6.

But as all of the addicts know--Port Everglades time is from a different planet.

I don't have the website copied right now--someone will add it!!!

Another big day in Fort Lauderdale, seven ships including the Nieuw Amsterdam and Westerdam.

Sailaways supposed to start at 4--the HAL ships leave at 5 with the Regent Mariner last out at 6.

But as all of the addicts know--Port Everglades time is from a different planet.

I don't have the website copied right now--someone will add it!!!

Here you go....

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

Using my point and shoot camera, I have been able to get nice pictures of the ships by taking photos of my desktop screen.

What a good idea!

The "parade" is underway...Carnival Miracle just left and Ruby Princess just pulled away from the dock.

The NA just got her tug...must be close to leaving

I'll try to grab a screen shot.

I see you're on the Noordam leaving on 1/13! We're on the Maasdam that day. OT, but what hotel are you staying at?

Have you sailed on the Noordam yet? Love that ship, too...I'm sure you will, too. And you can't beat the ABC islands...we go there on the Maasdam as well.

I turned on a little to late to hear the Westerdam blowing her horn :( But did see her sail by. Looks like next up is the Nieuw Amsterdam :) I think I have just 15 more weeks till we sail on the Westerdam :D

She only tooted 1 time. Was anti climatic after last week's performance

I turned on a little to late to hear the Westerdam blowing her horn :( But did see her sail by. Looks like next up is the Nieuw Amsterdam :) I think I have just 15 more weeks till we sail on the Westerdam :D

I could be wrong, but I only heard the Westerdam blow her horn once. The NA wasn't quite as exuberant in her horn blasting as last week, either.

I'd guess the harbormaster might've put the kabosh on the horn blowing battles?

Sorry for the OT...but we looked at the Maasdam itinerary and love the size--like the Ryndam alot but found a great deal on an aft cabin for the Noordam. Love the ABCs!!

We are making this a month long adventure. Leaving on the 6th and driving, staying in Pompano in a beachfront room (on points) pre-cruise. Only about 1/2 hour from port.

On way back staying at Jekyll Island Club and then taking our time back to the frozen North.

Have been on the Oosterdam a couple of times--not my favorite ship but am really looking forward to the Noordam. Everyone seems to love her...and her Captain really likes to sound the horn on sailaway!!!

I wonder if there was a New Captain this week on the Westerdam :confused:

Well the NA did not disappoint :D

I got my HAL Ship Fix for the week, not back to work :o

Me, too, Lisa! Do you work every Sunday? You certainly are a hard working gal!

Always fun. :)

Is it still a guest running the camera? Seemed like they were panning to the left a bit quickly, and got stuck behind the trees/flagpole. Still, it's a nice service they provide.

Sorry for the OT...but we looked at the Maasdam itinerary and love the size--like the Ryndam alot but found a great deal on an aft cabin for the Noordam. Love the ABCs!!

We are making this a month long adventure. Leaving on the 6th and driving, staying in Pompano in a beachfront room (on points) pre-cruise. Only about 1/2 hour from port.

On way back staying at Jekyll Island Club and then taking our time back to the frozen North.

Have been on the Oosterdam a couple of times--not my favorite ship but am really looking forward to the Noordam. Everyone seems to love her...and her Captain really likes to sound the horn on sailaway!!!

I know you'll enjoy her! Which aft are you in? We've done those three or four times on the Noordam. I think Capt. John Scott is on the Noordam now...not sure about January...you may have Capt. Hans Mateobar (sp?).

I turned on a little to late to hear the Westerdam blowing her horn :(

Me too! :( NA didn't do much either and now Allure only did the usual....what happened? I've been watching religiously the past 3-4 weeks and there's been some great horn-blowing going on. Complaints from the condos? Think they all got told to tone it down? :eek: I love hearing those horns....especially HAL's :)

Archived