Navigator OTS - pier 29 - today 12/4

mommabean

If you have a chance, try to see Silvio Ghigo, our dear

friend of many years. He just joined Navigator from

Voyager, and is doing a combination job of Assistant

Hotel Director for 2 months, and Food & Beverage

Mgr. for 2 months.

Tell him that Cruzin Lady from Texas said hello. :)

Thanks for the information.

Curious though,

1. What time was the earliest you were able to board ship.?

2. Also how many ships were scheduled that day to leave port??

We got in as soon as we got here. We didn't arrive until almost 12.

I can't remember but I think there were 7 ships. We were 2nd to last to leave. Allure was there, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is our first time in Jamaica. We found a cheap tour outside the port area. It was great and included dunn's river falls which we paid for.

Believe nothing you have heard about Ocho Rios. The people are friendly and welcoming. Of course they want you to look at their stuff. But there was no aggression. When we said no they always wished us a nice day.

I had a first time cruiser ask me if I knew if the toilet water is fresh or salt water. LOL no, I am not kidding.

We are now on free wifi at Margaritaville by the port. No purchase required.

We got in as soon as we got here. We didn't arrive until almost 12.

I can't remember but I think there were 7 ships. We were 2nd to last to leave. Allure was there, too.

If you go to the captain's corner maybe you could ask the top guy why he is the only one of those 7 ship's captains to never blow the horn when they are sailing out of port past the condos. Tell him that he is disappointing a lot of people.:p:D

If you go to the captain's corner maybe you could ask the top guy why he is the only one of those 7 ship's captains to never blow the horn when they are sailing out of port past the condos. Tell him that he is disappointing a lot of people.:p:D

How funny! Really though, it needs addressed...LOL!

We're in the car driving home. We did express departure. The only line was a 15 minute wait at customs/immigration. Then we had another 15 minutes sitting in the shuttle as we loaded up to go to the parking garage.

The only negative about the cruise for me was the loyalty ambassador - the same guy who was less than helpful on another ship. But he's another story.

So glad to hear that your trip was smooth from embarkation on. We loved the Navigator and once onboard, everything seemed fine.

While our embarkation was apparently a rare event, I still say that there needs to be a contingency plan by both the port people and the cruiseline. Gina..did you sit at all before being checked in ??? because the area that they had people seated inside Terminal 29 on 11/26 was not air condiitioned, looked like a warehouse and only had porta potties.

Thanks for the update and upbeat report...I know a lot of people are glad to hear the good news.

Deb

No, we didn't sit on embarkation day. We walked right on. In the same terminal 2 years ago we sat for a few hours upstairs. It was air conditioned at that time. We walked through the same area this year and it was still air-conditioned. Check in was downstairs and it was comfortable in there but it was a nice day outside, too.

Well, there very well may have been an area upstairs that was sit down as well but we did not hit air conditioning until check in and the area where all the seating was (and oh by the way it was FULL) was on the ground level and the big bay doors were open IOW...an unairconditioned warehouse (and those were the lucky ones.) Thank god it was a nicer day with a breeze for us as well or things would have been much worse.

I am only belaboring this point because your experience with this terminal has been definitely different from those who had to wait on the 26th and hopefully a very rare occurance.

Archived