Navigator OTS - pier 29 - today 12/4

mommabean

There are no lines, no waiting. We arrived at 11:50, dropped off luggage and drove to the parking lot. That is the only inconvenience. It's the pier 19 lot across from pier 26. None the less, the shuttle was ready for us. There were 3 of us on it. No line at the door. There were 3 people in front of us. One guy couldn't fit through which held up the line.

There was one family ahead of us in the suite line. The flower hat lady is here. No one was ahead of us for pictures - seapass or boarding pictures.

It took 25 minutes to drop off luggage and return on the shuttle. 15 more minutes and we were in the dining room checking out our table location.

An hour after arrival we were already seated and eating in the WJ.

This was one of the easiest embarkations ever aside from the far away parking.

c6e4ea79-b740-259f.jpg

c6e4ea79-b75a-d5bb.jpg

Here is the gate you drive in and why you can't just leave and come back. It's usually the worst part of port Everglades. Have your cruise documents and ID ready when you drive through. The guy in front of us held up the line for a long time since someone in another car had his and they had driven off. We had to wait for them to return. The lines are long here anyway since there are so many ships in port.

c6e4ea79-b825-eba6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I kind of figured people were freaking out over nothing. It's not like RCI can control when there will be an inspection that holds things up. But at least it seems like this inspection-free week was flowing smoothly! Thanks for posting and have a great cruise!!

There are no lines, no waiting. We arrived at 11:50, dropped off luggage and drove to the parking lot. That is the only inconvenience. It's the pier 19 lot across from pier 26. None the less, the shuttle was ready for us. There were 3 of us on it. No line at the door. There were 3 people in front of us. One guy couldn't fit through which held up the line.

There was one family ahead of us in the suite line. The flower hat lady is here. No one was ahead of us for pictures - seapass or boarding pictures.

It took 25 minutes to drop off luggage and return on the shuttle. 15 more minutes and we were in the dining room checking out our table location.

c6e4ea79-b740-259f.jpg

c6e4ea79-b75a-d5bb.jpg

Here is the gate you drive in and why you can't just leave and come back. It's usually the worst part of port Everglades. Have your cruise documents and ID ready when you drive through. The guy in front of us held up the line for a long time since someone in another car had his and they had driven off. We had to wait for them to return. The lines are long here anyway since there are so many ships in port.

c6e4ea79-b825-eba6.jpg

Thanks Gina I figured that last week was a rare one. Have a great time. I'll be there on Sat. Pat

It's hard to believe they can fill the ship when the place looks this dead. This is the view from my balcony right now at 3pm. Luggage check in on the left. Terminal doors on the right.

c6e4ea79-d1e3-cc33.jpg

For the record, we went on a Celebrity cruise from this port in April of 2010. We had a huge delay that time but had a nice place to sit inside. It is by no means a shed or warehouse. That year we were perfectly comfortable in air conditioning. The terminal looks normal and clean inside. Having to stand outside would not be good though.

It's hard to believe they can fill the ship when the place looks this dead. This is the view from my balcony right now at 3pm. Luggage check in on the left. Terminal doors on the right.

c6e4ea79-d1e3-cc33.jpg

For the record, we went on a Celebrity cruise from this port in April of 2010. We had a huge delay that time but had a nice place to sit inside. It is by no means a shed or warehouse. That year we were perfectly comfortable in air conditioning. The terminal looks normal and clean inside. Having to stand outside would not be good though.

Interesting.... Have you been watching the pier regularly? If it's been this dead all day, I wonder what your sailing will look like. :confused:

I'm glad things went so well for you and it is good to see your post. Maybe the guys in Miami did see the pictures last week!:p

Of course that assumes that last week's problems were due to things that they could control and not just the fact that so many ships were in port for the first time of the season and other outside elements were responsible and that the results were the exception rather than the rule. Whoever or whatever was responsible for this week's apparently smooth embarkation, we can hope that it will continue in subsequent weeks, especially at the end of the month when we will be boarding the Navigator.:)

Of course that assumes that last week's problems were due to things that they could control and not just the fact that so many ships were in port for the first time of the season and other outside elements were responsible and that the results were the exception rather than the rule. Whoever or whatever was responsible for this week's apparently smooth embarkation, we can hope that it will continue in subsequent weeks, especially at the end of the month when we will be boarding the Navigator.:)

Good. This way if there are ongoing problems I'll depend on YOU to get it fixed before I board!;):D

It would look pretty damn good to me.;)

Sounds good to me too! Although I must say that on the Oasis inaugural, something was definitely missing. That something was more people! There were still more people than the Navigator can hold but the ship was noticeably empty.

The weather has been beautiful and breezy. It has appeared dead like this all day. I suppose it's because everyone just gets here and walks in. Little by little they arrived.

The passengers all seem relaxed and happy. There are a lot of ships in port - all leaving before us. We're headed out any minute.

Our concierge Karen is as lovely as always. The captain is very Norwegian. Life on board is good. :)

The weather has been beautiful and breezy. It has appeared dead like this all day. I suppose it's because everyone just gets here and walks in. Little by little they arrived.

The passengers all seem relaxed and happy. There are a lot of ships in port - all leaving before us. We're headed out any minute.

Our concierge Karen is as lovely as always. The captain is very Norwegian. Life on board is good. :)

Watching you sail out now, have a great cruise, hope the weather is beautiful for you!

Gina.. no problem getting into concierge lounge? Was afraid due to Diamond celebration that they would not have the room for D+. Looking forward to meetimg Karen on Sat. Pat

Gina.. no problem getting into concierge lounge? Was afraid due to Diamond celebration that they would not have the room for D+. Looking forward to meetimg Karen on Sat. Pat

There is an overflow lounge in the card room. Very few were there. The CL had seats available, too. I didn't ask how many D+ are on board.

Our stateroom attendant seems great. Waiters are real nice and good service, too. CD Dan is fun as always. Even the comedian was really funny. It keeps getting better. No bumps in the road as of yet. I don't expect any either.

Thanks for the information.

Curious though,

1. What time was the earliest you were able to board ship.?

2. Also how many ships were scheduled that day to leave port??

Thanks for the information.

Curious though,

1. What time was the earliest you were able to board ship.?

2. Also how many ships were scheduled that day to leave port??

I think 6 or 7 left yesterday. The earliest I have boarded was 11 am. It's how quick they can turn over the ship from previous passengers. Pat

Archived