Copenhagen hotels

• 10 months later...
Guest derry,nh

We are booked on a cruise in May out of Copenhagen and spending two days ahead and have reservations at the moment at Radisson SAS Scandinavian but when I asked on one of the boards, someone replied that nothing else in that area so not that great a location, is this true or not!. I knew it was not in the center of city. Thanks for any input.

We spent one night pre-cruise at the Sofitel. It was very convienent to the train station as well as Tavoli Gardens and the Stroget. It was very quiet, the staff was also very nice. Since we had a whole day on departure, the Sofitel kept our luggage while we took a day trip to Helsignor, once we returned, collected our bags and the doorman called a cab from across the street at the train station to take us to the ship. The rooms were very clean, there was a restaurant as well as a very nice lounge. The price was less than the Raddisons or Marriot for the dates we stayed. I would stay again should I ever find myself in Copenhagen again.

• 2 months later...

We will be staying in Copenhagen 2 nights post cruise, June 22 and 23. I had looked at several on Tripadvisor and liked the convenience of The Square. I tried to book on their website, but there were no rooms available. The website did have some other suggestions and I checked out a hotel called The Copenhagen Island. I found out that it is brand new, not opening until June 15, and they are offering really great internet introductory rates. About 130USD per night.

The location is on the water a little south of center city, looks to be next door to a shopping center and an easy walk to Tivoli. I'll report on it after we've had a chance to check it out.

Archived