Port Canaveral: Fishlips, Rusty's, or Grill? Reservations?

Funcouple

Which would be an appropriate place for us to go for Sunday evening dinner/drinks/ship watching? We are a mid 40's couple with our son (16)....

The adults will eat anything. The son will eat hamburgers (definately he will not eat fish).

Are reservations recommended?

Thanks..

Hi,

Hard to say, but I did post a thread with links to all of their menus. Maybe take a look and see what tickle's your son's fancy.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1525699

All three are primarily seafood, but all have at least a few token sandwiches like a burger or Philly cheese steak. Some have a few extra items like grilled chicken or ribs.

And, all three are fine for watching the ships. You are going to want the upstairs at Fish Lips (outside) for the best view. Rusty's has outdoor seating both downstairs and up. Grill's is outdoors at the Tiki bar "observation deck" by the ramp. Any would work.

If I were taking a wild stab at advice, I'd say you guys might like Grill's on a Sunday afternoon between 4:00 - 6:00 for the seeing the ships coming out, and watching the Ramp Follies from their deck.

Have fun,

Johncn

Which would be an appropriate place for us to go for Sunday evening dinner/drinks/ship watching? We are a mid 40's couple with our son (16)....

The adults will eat anything. The son will eat hamburgers (definately he will not eat fish).

Thanks..

Fishlips works well. They have a very varied menu and I believe hamburgers were on there. The view from the upstairs deck is great. I would recommend a reservation only if you have a large group of people, for just the three of you you'll be fine just walking in with no reservation.

Thanks..

We have eaten at both Fishlips and Grills. They both have non-fish dishes though Fishlips definitely has a lot more. Not just a token burger, they actually do a decent alfredo that my then 16 yr old fish hater enjoyed.;)

We enjoyed our fish better at Grills but would give Fishlips a try again.

Hi,

The decks at both Grills and Fish Lips can get pretty crowded on Sunday afternoons when the weather is nice. I don't think you need reservations for the outside seating unless you have a large group, and I doubt it they take reservations for tables that are not inside. I think Fish Lips takes indoor reservations, but I don't think Grill's takes reservations at all.

Regards,

Johncn

• 2 weeks later...

Settled on Fishlips.

Dined upstairs out on the outside deck (see through plastic walls are installed during December and winter months). bar area is set up like a sports bar and it was very active.

Arrived at 4pm on Sunday. No waiting. plenty of table with a view to choose from. No reservations needed this time. Watched three ships leave within 1.5 hours.

Friendly service.

- Bacon chesse burger with fries

- 10 hot wings

- 1 cup lobster bisque

- Mesquite Chicken Nachos

- Scallop Risotto (split between 2)

- 2 cosmos

- 1 rum/coke

- 1 beer

- 1 bottomless coke

$81 plus tip. $96 total.

Great choice.

Settled on Fishlips.

Dined upstairs out on the outside deck (see through plastic walls are installed during December and winter months). bar area is set up like a sports bar and it was very active.

Arrived at 4pm on Sunday. No waiting. plenty of table with a view to choose from. No reservations needed this time. Watched three ships leave within 1.5 hours.

Friendly service.

- Bacon chesse burger with fries

- 10 hot wings

- 1 cup lobster bisque

- Mesquite Chicken Nachos

- Scallop Risotto (split between 2)

- 2 cosmos

- 1 rum/coke

- 1 beer

- 1 bottomless coke

$81 plus tip. $96 total.

Great choice.