Js 1628

rjjjcj

Hello, wondering if anyone has stayed in JS 1628 on the FOS. It is an accessible cabin (do not need it), we ended up getting it (and paying for it of course!) due to a screw up on RCL's part.

Just wondering if other than the bathroom being different and room being slightly larger, is there anything else we should know about??

Thanks!

Hello, wondering if anyone has stayed in JS 1628 on the FOS. It is an accessible cabin (do not need it), we ended up getting it (and paying for it of course!) due to a screw up on RCL's part.

Just wondering if other than the bathroom being different and room being slightly larger, is there anything else we should know about??

Thanks!

My folks have had rooms on various ships of this type. If I were you I would call Rccl and request another room. Let the folks who need it have it.... Unless of course that was the only room of this category left.

Earl

Thanks for the responses. We really would prefer a regular room, but RCL accidentally dropped our reservation, when it was discovered all JS were booked & we were not willing to pay the extra for the GS. We had already purchased air, car & hotel. After several phone calls they freed up this room for us. Of course if someone needs the accessible room we would be happy to take an upgrade! Thnx again

We were given a accessible suite JS as an upgrade from a balcony three days before a cruise. I guess they were holding the accessible cabin and no one needed it.

The room had lots of space, but the same basic furniture as other JS’s. The bathroom had no storage space under the sink, ( so that a chair can slide under the sink,). The shower was very large( to accommodate a chair) , had a seat that could be pulled down, and had a curtain rather than a door . There was obviously no ledge so we did need a few extra towels to catch some water.

There was a raised ledge going out to the balcony that if we were not careful often caused us to trip. If we lowered the ledge (which would allowed for a chair to slide out) then the balcony door did not close.

There was an automatic door that opened VERY quickly ( so make sure that no one was near the door on the inside) and stayed open for a fairly long period of time allowing those on the hallway to get a good look inside.

I think the closet had both lower and standard hanging bars. I don't recall if it was larger than the standard JS closet.

There was nothing “better” about the cabin and quite frankly I felt badly that we were given the cabin as I saw several passengers in wheel chairs.

If given a choice, would likely prefer a standard JS if one were offered.

M

Archived