can you use us birth cert. of foreign origin

seaofblue

my niece did not get her passport back in time to cruise--all adoption information was sent with other info--she does have a raised seal copy of us birth certificate of foreign origin--my SIL called carnival and they said it would be okay--but you know how that goes--:rolleyes: anyone used above document?

If the document falls within these guidelines it can be used:

"Closed Loop" Cruises: U.S. citizens who board a cruise ship at a port within the United States, travel only within the Western Hemisphere, and return to the same U.S. port on the same ship may present a government issued photo identification, along with proof of citizenship (an original or copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular report of Birth Abroad, or a Certificate of Naturalization). Please be aware that you may still be required to present a passport to enter the foreign countries your cruise ship is visiting. Check with your cruise line to ensure you have the appropriate documents.

my niece did not get her passport back in time to cruise--all adoption information was sent with other info--she does have a raised seal copy of us birth certificate of foreign origin--my SIL called carnival and they said it would be okay--but you know how that goes--:rolleyes: anyone used above document?

If you mean a Consular report of Birth Abroad then it should be accepted.

Thanks everyone--I think she said it was a state (US) bc that states her birth was foreign of origin -- can't sleep still worried they will want more info that has all been sent out and not returned -- yikes :confused:
If it is a State Dept issued certificate it is probably a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240), and then it would qualify. There are a few other documents that used to be issued years ago but are no longer used which are also equivalent proof of US citizenship. It really depends on what the document is and the form number on the bottom of it.

A 'raised seal copy of us birth certificate of foreign origin' could be many different things, and we would need to know exactly what this document is to tell you if it is accepted or not.

SIL has been communicating with ups, neices passport has been traced to city near airport, they are going to try to pick it up before flight this am--for those of you that believe in the power of prayer--we could use some:)

SIL has been communicating with ups, neices passport has been traced to city near airport, they are going to try to pick it up before flight this am--for those of you that believe in the power of prayer--we could use some:)

You got it! Good luck!

Archived