Ecstasy questions re parking, suite, etc . . .

SurfCat

My wife, three kids (all boys 19, 15 and 10), and I just booked two Grand Suites for the December 15 sailing of the Ecstasy. Since we haven't been on a cruise in about 20 years, we have a ton of questions.

I've scanned this board for about eight hours total over the last couple of days and have gained a great deal information but have a few more questions.

First, I saw a thread that had the liquor menu and phone number for Bon Voyage several days ago, but I haven't been able to find it again. Could someone please post it againt?

Next, I understand that the park and cruise deal is the best way to go, but when I've searched for it all I can find are hotels that do that. We are travelling down from South Carolina and have only a 4 hour drive, so we wont need a hotel. Should we just park at the terminal?

Also, I've read alot about VIP lines at the terminal for embarkation, but since the Ecstasy just moved to PC, there hasn't seemed to be a consensus on how this will work and what time would be optimal to get there. If someone could tell me what time would be best to get there, which terminal to go to and what I should do when I get there, I would be most appreciative. We would like to spend as much time on the ship as possible.

For anyone who has stayed in one of the suites, do they come with robes, or should we bring them. I think it would be nice to eat our breakfast on the balcony without having to get fully dressed. Maybe TMI, sorry.

Are there ice buckets in the suites?

Finally, is there any type of fitness center there? I like treadmills, elypticals and weights. Am I going to be out of luck?

My wife would also like to know if they have Bingo onboard.

We are all really excited about our cruise, and thank all of you in advance for your responses.

My wife, three kids (all boys 19, 15 and 10), and I just booked two Grand Suites for the December 15 sailing of the Ecstasy. Since we haven't been on a cruise in about 20 years, we have a ton of questions.

I've scanned this board for about eight hours total over the last couple of days and have gained a great deal information but have a few more questions.

First, I saw a thread that had the liquor menu and phone number for Bon Voyage several days ago, but I haven't been able to find it again. Could someone please post it againt? Go to carnival.com, "Manage My Cruise" and you'll find Bon Voyage on that page.

Next, I understand that the park and cruise deal is the best way to go, but when I've searched for it all I can find are hotels that do that. We are travelling down from South Carolina and have only a 4 hour drive, so we wont need a hotel. Should we just park at the terminal? Can't help you there; I got dropped off.

Also, I've read alot about VIP lines at the terminal for embarkation, but since the Ecstasy just moved to PC, there hasn't seemed to be a consensus on how this will work and what time would be optimal to get there. If someone could tell me what time would be best to get there, which terminal to go to and what I should do when I get there, I would be most appreciative. We would like to spend as much time on the ship as possible. Get there as early as you can - suggest 10:30 or 11:00 if your ship leaves at 4:00. The terminal building where Ecstasy parks isn't big enough to hold as many pax as Ecstasy carries - my embarkation was a fiasco but later voyages seem to have been OK, according to the reviews.

For anyone who has stayed in one of the suites, do they come with robes, or should we bring them. I think it would be nice to eat our breakfast on the balcony without having to get fully dressed. Maybe TMI, sorry. Robes included.

Are there ice buckets in the suites? Yes, and I think you may even have a fridge.

Finally, is there any type of fitness center there? I like treadmills, elypticals and weights. Am I going to be out of luck? No problem, you'll find everything you need in the spa.

My wife would also like to know if they have Bingo onboard. The prizes aren't as generous as they used to be (I'm told) but there is Bingo.

We are all really excited about our cruise, and thank all of you in advance for your responses.

Have a fantastic time - I love Ecstasy, great ship and a great crew.

First, I saw a thread that had the liquor menu and phone number for Bon Voyage several days ago, but I haven't been able to find it again. Could someone please post it againt?

Bon Voyage's number is 800-522-7648 ext70039.

Next, I understand that the park and cruise deal is the best way to go, but when I've searched for it all I can find are hotels that do that. We are travelling down from South Carolina and have only a 4 hour drive, so we wont need a hotel. Should we just park at the terminal?

Best deal we've found so far... $6.99 a day... and with great reviews...

http://parkcruise.com/

My wife would also like to know if they have Bingo onboard. YES!

quote]

Bon Voyage 800-522-7648 as of 2/22/10

__________________________________________________ __

Rums:

Capt Morgan Spiced $55, Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.

Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia $40

Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60

Gin:

Beefeater $40

Slow Gin $40

Bombay Sapphire $55

Canadian Whiskeys:

Canadian Club and Seagram’s 7 $38

Crown Royal and Jamison $55

Scotch:

Dewar’s $60

Chivas Regal $60

Johnny Walker/Black $70

Bourbon:

Jack Daniels $65

Maker’s Mark $60

Jim Beam $38

Tequila:

1800 - $55

Margaritaville $40

Salsa Hornitas (Sp) $60

Patron Silver $70

After Dinner:

Raspberry Liquor $40

Frangelico $45

Jagermeister $60

Chambord $60

Limoncello $60

Amaretto:

Disaronna $45

Brandy

Courvoisier $55

Apricot, Blackberry, and Cherry $40

Smirnoff Ice - Citrus $5.75

Beer:

Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75

Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 oz bottle $4.95

Heinekin 12 oz bottle $4.95

Amstel Reg/Lite - $4.95

Michelob Ultra $5.75 16 oz

Corona – 12 oz bottle - $4.95

Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

Beer is sold as singles. The prices do not differ for a case.

Red Bull Reg/Sugar Free $4.75 (8.3 oz)

Mixers (soda’s/juices) are the same price as the bar. $1.95 for a can of soda and $1.75 for juice.

Fresh Lemon and lime can be ordered from Room Service

We used Park N Cruise for our 11/26/11 cruise on Ecstasy. Make advance reservations for the $6.99/day rate.

They have shuttle to/from port, so no need to try to figure out which terminal to go to, the driver will take you and your luggage.

We didn't arrive until about 12:30 - 12:45 and had an easy/quick time of embarkation. Walked right on with minimal (no more than 10-15 mins in line) wait.

We used Park N Cruise for our 11/26/11 cruise on Ecstasy. Make advance reservations for the $6.99/day rate.

They have shuttle to/from port, so no need to try to figure out which terminal to go to, the driver will take you and your luggage.

We didn't arrive until about 12:30 - 12:45 and had an easy/quick time of embarkation. Walked right on with minimal (no more than 10-15 mins in line) wait.

Thanks. That'll be perfect. We can leave home around 8:00 and get there about 12:30.

I've read alot of posts regarding how important it is to have passports. I just found out that my 19 year old's passport has expired. He will travel on a birth certificate. What problems will we face as a result?

Thanks again.

Thanks. That'll be perfect. We can leave home around 8:00 and get there about 12:30.

I've read alot of posts regarding how important it is to have passports. I just found out that my 19 year old's passport has expired. He will travel on a birth certificate. What problems will we face as a result?

Thanks again.

If you dont get there until 12:30, it wouldnt matter if you are VIP. It mostly matters if you get there early and want to be first on the ship. Unless there is a bad delay, by 12:30, ship will already be boarding and people will be eating lunch.

I get there early if Im VIP so I hit the buffet before the hoard attacks.

I live about 5 hours from Galveston, and I leave about 5:30 am to get there by 10:30 and get on first.

No problem with a BC, just make sure he has a picture ID too.

Archived