First Glimpse of the Ship

Sylphy

• 2 months later...
Ok probably have pictures somewhere, but finding them right now would be difficult. I just had to share that we took our kids on their first cruise this past April. When we pulled up to the port, I expected my 5 year old to be like WOW its so big or something like that. Instead he said, I thought we were gonna take a cruise on the water! He couldn't see around the ship to see the water. I thought it was so funny. We had to show him after we got on board that we were in fact on the water.

Reminds me of the story of the first time cruiser going early to the Service desk "I didn't pay extra for a balcony to overlook the parking lot, I need to me moved" lol

Great thread.

Hugh in Dallas

Here's ours from the Dream. http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2019555280030186251OpQdEF

I didn't get a picture of our first cruise on the Destiny back in 99 but I'll never forget my first impression of her. I couldn't believe how huge she was when I first saw her coming up over that bridge. Back then, she was the largest cruise ship afloat.

Ha, I live not very far from Galveston so we see the cruise ships occasionally and I think it is so funny that I even get excited when I see someone else's cruise ship! In a few months I will be on my own cruise ship out of New Orleans and I bet ya I will have my own first glimpse picture for sure!

Ok probably have pictures somewhere, but finding them right now would be difficult. I just had to share that we took our kids on their first cruise this past April. When we pulled up to the port, I expected my 5 year old to be like WOW its so big or something like that. Instead he said, I thought we were gonna take a cruise on the water! He couldn't see around the ship to see the water. I thought it was so funny. We had to show him after we got on board that we were in fact on the water.

Cute story

I am a failure- have never taken a first glimpse photo. I am not proud of that, disappointed in myself.:mad:

IMG_1757.jpg

1st cruise

October 2010

Carnival Ecstasy

DSC00585.jpg

This truly was a first glimpse of it coming into port.

DSC00615.jpg

Later that morning as we drove up to board!!!

2nd cruise

December 2011

Carnival Triumph

What port is that? Never seen a pic of that before.

Sorry no pic, but....Facination 2011...when we were coming over the bridge in Jacksonsivlle and got our first look I thought DH was gonna kill us cause he really put the peddle to the metal....LOL:eek::eek:

No pictures from me....too busy freaking out to take a picture!!

I squeal like a stuck pig at the first sight of ANY cruise ship, even if I'm not getting on it!!

But when I am on my way to port for a cruise, I always warn the cab/shuttle driver so they don't crash from my unexpected squeals, giggles and bouncing up and down.

In Port Canaveral I just flat out burst into tears when the shuttle came up and over the bridge and I could see the Disney Magic waiting for me. My kids were slightly mortified!! Hey, I couldn't help myself! I had waited 36 years for that cruise!!!

Thanks. She had been asking to go back on a ship for a few months. We had a great time with her. She loves the MDR and all the attention from the wait staff.

Do you need another grand-daughter? I'm 41, potty trained and can buy my own drink of the day with my allowance :D!!!

Archived