First Glimpse of the Ship

Sylphy

I took a thousand pics of our first cruise, and not one of the first glimpse!!! We'll fix that in a couple more months!

Great thread by the way!

...and the curmudgeon; he/she is just trying to get the magical 10,000 post, even if the prior 9,999 are debatable as to worth.:D

Ok probably have pictures somewhere, but finding them right now would be difficult. I just had to share that we took our kids on their first cruise this past April. When we pulled up to the port, I expected my 5 year old to be like WOW its so big or something like that. Instead he said, I thought we were gonna take a cruise on the water! He couldn't see around the ship to see the water. I thought it was so funny. We had to show him after we got on board that we were in fact on the water.

I just had to share that we took our kids on their first cruise this past April. When we pulled up to the port, I expected my 5 year old to be like WOW its so big or something like that. Instead he said, I thought we were gonna take a cruise on the water! He couldn't see around the ship to see the water. I thought it was so funny. We had to show him after we got on board that we were in fact on the water.

THAT's funny!

Sorry can't post a photo right now, but one morning we went to Grills in Cocoa Beach early in the moring to wat ch our ship come in up close. It was running late that morning so we went in to eat. Next thing I know this mammoth ship is sailing our way. The view was amazing. Now we will not go to Port Canaveral without our embarcation morning ritual.

I always get really emotional and tear up when I catch my first glimpse, but I'm almost always the driver, so I have never snapped a photo. :(

I too am usually the driver so I don't have first glimpse pictures, but I know the feeling. I can't think of anything that rivals the excitement, and not just on the first cruise, but on all of them!

I'm at woik right now, so I can't post mine, but when coming into the port facility in Baltimore (for the first time, last year), my reaction to the very first glimpse of the Pride was, "Whoa...". My second reaction was, "Big boat...".

This year, my reaction..."There it is...home. And its still a big boat."

There nothing like the first view of the ship.

I've been on many cruises, but I never took this picture. Usually in the cab with others, there is not a clear view.

I'll have to take a pic next time (March), but there is nothing like seeing it in person.

I felt the same way about air travel and the plane even until lately with 9/11 security but still get it on take off..thank heavens..I prefer keeping the excitement of a child if at all possible. I am going to get better with a camara and do the same..i have dropped all that for years.

I also loved the little child who said, mom...i thought we were going on the water,,,,PRICELESS..with how ship appears if driving at level to it..LOL..sarah:)

I'm at woik right now, so I can't post mine, but when coming into the port facility in Baltimore (for the first time, last year), my reaction to the very first glimpse of the Pride was, "Whoa...". My second reaction was, "Big boat...".

I felt that way when I saw the ecstasy. I kept the "big boat" feel til we docked in Nassau next to the Epic and the Glory....

Then I look at ours and felt like it was a tug boat.

We recently took our grand daughter on her second cruise....

In the first pic we told her to look over to the right....

erica1.jpg

Now she sees the ship.....

erica2.jpg

Love those pics together..

Those are grand prize award pictures of her seeing the ship for the first time! Loved them!

And now that I'm home, I can up me very own "First View" photo...keeping in mind it be taken from the inside of a tour bus, while it was moving and I was sort of standing, so it be not the best...aye, but here it be...

Carnival Pride

Baltimore

Oct 17 2010

6484339843_0607d2511d_b.jpg

I can not wait til next month when we sail on the Legend with a bunch of old people -- um I mean new cruisers---

Can not wait to experience the newness of seeing that ship for the first time-

walking up that ramp and dinging that card-- then seeing the grand atrium.

they have no idea---

Archived