I Have The Answer concerning Latitudes xpoints for 9 month out booking

flashdog_1

I emailed the Latitudes department from the website, and just now received an answer. For past cruises that were booked 9 months out, we will not receive the extra points. We will only receive them for cruises booked after the new program began:

Thank you for contacting the Latitudes Desk. Please note that all future cruises taken after the implementation date (Dec. 5, 2011) of our newly enhanced Latitudes program will receive credit for booking at least nine months in advance. The points for booking at least nine months prior to departure was not part of the initial conversion for the program.

For the conversion, each cruise you've taken prior to December 5, 2011 has been counted as a point per night and each night in a suite booked at full fare is an additional point per night.

Thank you again for your continued patronage. We look forward to welcoming you soon onboard one of our beautiful ships.

Sincerely.

Ana

Norwegian Cruise Line

Latitudes Department

So that also includes cruises we have already booked but not taken!! yea for that!

I emailed the Latitudes department from the website, and just now received an answer. For past cruises that were booked 9 months out, we will not receive the extra points. We will only receive them for cruises booked after the new program began:

Thank you for contacting the Latitudes Desk. Please note that all future cruises taken after the implementation date (Dec. 5, 2011) of our newly enhanced Latitudes program will receive credit for booking at least nine months in advance. The points for booking at least nine months prior to departure was not part of the initial conversion for the program.

For the conversion, each cruise you've taken prior to December 5, 2011 has been counted as a point per night and each night in a suite booked at full fare is an additional point per night.

Thank you again for your continued patronage. We look forward to welcoming you soon onboard one of our beautiful ships.

Sincerely.

Ana

Norwegian Cruise Line

Latitudes Department

So that also includes cruises we have already booked but not taken!! yea for that!

So any cruise taken (not booked as you say above) after Dec 5 will get the extra early booking points once you sail as long as it was booked 9 months in advance. I believe this is what you meant to say and NCL did say, correct?

Yes, that is what I said and NCL said. Any cruise you've already booked at least 9 months out but not yet taken will be credited with the extra point per night. I see where I did not specify the 9 months out in my last sentence after the NCL quote. Thanks.

You have to TAKE any cruise before you get any points!

Ain't that the truth; thank you!

By now, we really don't care anymore what 'Latitude Status' we are. For all we care, it can be wood, plastic, brass, copper, iron, bronze, silver, gold or platinum. We are all in/on the same boat just the same, and I don't think they are loading the life boats by Latitude Status........yet :rolleyes: .

lol.....yet again another thread on this subject, wish the NCL folks who lurk and occasionally post, would do so now and settled this question.

Ain't that the truth; thank you!

By now, we really don't care anymore what 'Latitude Status' we are. For all we care, it can be wood, plastic, brass, copper, iron, bronze, silver, gold or platinum. We are all in/on the same boat just the same, and I don't think they are loading the life boats by Latitude Status........yet :rolleyes: .

So if you don't care why do you continue to post about it?

Sincerely.

Ana

Norwegian Cruise Line

Latitudes Department

Ana got it right. No need to rebook. From the top:

Jim, I think there has been a Little confusion our end on this one. As I understand it, the intent was to say that the early booking points will not qualify people for a higher tier at this stage, they will only be credited once the guest actually sails on the cruise that they booked early.. Hopefully that makes sense, so anyone who booked early will get the points, they just won

To get the "bonus points" for booking at least 9 months in advance, do you have to book directly with NCL? Or, could you book at another site or TA and still get these "bonus points"?

Does not matter where you book just when you book.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, that is what I said and NCL said. Any cruise you've already booked at least 9 months out but not yet taken will be credited with the extra point per night. I see where I did not specify the 9 months out in my last sentence after the NCL quote. Thanks.

You have to TAKE any cruise before you get any points!

Yea!!! We have a 7 day cruise booked to Bermuda for next October. That will give us 14 points..I have emailed them and asked since I booked this prior to the implementation..since it is a "latitudes" insider and we booked prior ..will we get the other 7 points...haven't heard back yet

Archived