Coke Zero???

janis5151

I need my Coke Zero fix on a daily basis. Am I going to find it on the Oosterdam or am I going to have to pack it on with me?

I don't know about the Oosterdam, but they had plenty of Coke Zero on the Westerdam this fall. So my guess is that the Oosterdam will have it too.

Could somebody enlighten me? I have no idea what the difference is between Diet Coke and Coke Zero. They both supposedly have no calories so does one have a different taste? I know Mexican Coke is made with real sugar and US Coke is made with high fructose corn syrup as its sweetening agent, but Diet and Zero?

Waiting to quench my thirst on this one.:D

Could somebody enlighten me? I have no idea what the difference is between Diet Coke and Coke Zero. They both supposedly have no calories so does one have a different taste? I know Mexican Coke is made with real sugar and US Coke is made with high fructose corn syrup as its sweetening agent, but Diet and Zero?

They are very nearly the same. Diet Coke seemed to be associated with women so Coke tried a marketing strategy to attract men to their lo-cal sodas. They changed ingredients very, very slightly, darkened the label, and named it Coke Zero. A Google search produced the following information:

The only chemical difference between Coke Zero and Diet Coke is that Coke Zero has about half the aspartame but has more ace-k.

Confused anyone? It's a marketing thing - Coke have manufactured a "diet" coke without using the word diet... which in their eyes will appeal to a different demographic.

Personally, I can't tell the difference in the taste.

Coke Zero has a sweeter taste to me. My wife prefers Diet Pepsi and can't stand Diet Coke. However, she is a fan of Coke Zero and was grateful that carried it when we were last on HAL. Coke Zero reminds me of Diet Coke in Mexico, which has a sweeter formula than the Diet Coke here in the U.S. I think it ultimately comes down to one's taste preference.

I actually prefer Diet Coke over Coke Zero myself and prefer Diet Pepsi over both.

It has to do with the sweeteners. Coke Zero tastes better to me. I would compare it to how some prefer sweet n low or splenda or equal, etc. They all have a different flavor or sweet level. Which brings up the question- does HAL carry sweet n low?

Archived