Yucky Weather :o(

THEPIPES1013

So, we're leaving out of Tampa on the Star this Sunday. I checked the weather for all ports, and it's "scatterd showers" at every one. Am wondering if it's like Hawaii where it downpours and then the sun comes out? Anyone go recently to Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel while it rained? Trying to figure out what activities we could do if the weather is crud. My plan was to lay on the beach, but perhaps not.. Thanks a bunch. Michelle

So, we're leaving out of Tampa on the Star this Sunday. I checked the weather for all ports, and it's "scatterd showers" at every one. Am wondering if it's like Hawaii where it downpours and then the sun comes out? Anyone go recently to Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel while it rained? Trying to figure out what activities we could do if the weather is crud. My plan was to lay on the beach, but perhaps not.. Thanks a bunch. Michelle

I also checked weather for next 14 days in the Southern Caribbean and it looks like alot of rain...more than just a shower here and there from what I could ascertain ): Hope this isn't true....really looking forward to gorgeous sunshine and fabulous excursions that won't be the same in bad weather!

Barbara

Scattered showers are pretty much the everday forecast for that area. We had that forecast 3 weeks ago on a cruise into that general area. Saw rain occasionally around us in the distance, but never on us. Scattered showers are just that, here and there, comes and goes.

We have cruised several times at this time of year, and it can just be scattered showers and yes, it can rain all day:(

On one of our cruises it was scheduled showers and ended up being sunny the whole week - so don't worry about the future - lug a rain jacket and umbrella with you - that will ensure no rain;)

And keep reminding yourself - today I am not at home, I am cruising and in my heart it is very sunny:)

I did that itinerary about 2 yrs ago and it rained in Roatan but all it did was get us out of the ocean a little early. It was cloudy in Belize in the morning, but we had a great time and stayed dry (other than the river tubing!).

Don't worry about it until the actual day arrives since the forecast is simply a prediction and doesn't always end up being right.

We have been to the eastern, western and southern caribbean in the last 3 years. Everytime I have looked at the weather forecast before we have left it always has said 20-30% chance of showers. Every day we were there it was always sunny and warm, very rarely did we see rain. If it did rain it was just for a few minutes and then it stopped.

Every vacation I have ever been on, when I check the weather it always says scattered showers. And I mean EVERY one, regardless of where I go.

We just got back from Costa Rica where it DID rain every day, and downpours like I've never seen. Take a raincoat and umbrella, and just get out and do things. We had a fabulous time, waterlogged or not.

Archived