Booking a Future Cruise Onboard

booklady26

What perks are offered for booking a future cruise while onboard your current cruise?

This has been discussed before. You have a reduced deposit, up to a 3 cat upgrade and an On Board credit( amount depends on length of cruise). You have 60 days from date of booking to transfer to a TA for additional benefits.

I forget, I know the amount of OBC increases with the length of the cruise but how about if you book a suite? I'm going on the Eclipse next month and I plan on booking an Aqua Class Suite. I just can't remember if suites get more OBC.

Thanks

Is the OBC amounts the same as those offered by Royal Caribbean? I can't seem to find the breakdown for Celebrity and their website isn't very helpful. The FAQ has a question "Is an OBC offered if you booked a future cruise onboard" Answer: Yes - no amounts or breakdown by length.

Thanks.

You won't get any upgrades for suites and Aquaclass. The highest possible upgrade is from a C3 cabin to C1, when C1s are available. ( quite often they aren't on the M-class ships!)

The OBC you receive depends on the length of the cruise and the category you book.

I forget, I know the amount of OBC increases with the length of the cruise but how about if you book a suite? I'm going on the Eclipse next month and I plan on booking an Aqua Class Suite. I just can't remember if suites get more OBC.

Thanks

Suites get the same OBC as all other categories, the amount of OBC increases with length of cruise. I have booked 3 future sailings over the last couple of cruises, all suites, all the same OBC.

Do I need to specify which future cruise right away or can I just buy a "Future Cruise" certificate like what RCL offers?

Cna I just get an "open booking " and specify the exact date later?

If yes, how many months or years do I have before I have to use it?

I try to do both:D It is always nice to have an Open Passages in your back pocket in case something comes up that you want to book last minute! If you have to cancel a cruise you have booked with an OP just trsf the reservation to another cruise that way you don't lose the perks. The booking/certificate # on your OP is your reservation # and the perks are attached to it. So if you outright cancel the cruise - Poof:eek:

I personally have only sailed Royal but sending friends (i.e. did the convincing that a cruise was better than a blah beach in Mexico) on their first cruise - Christmas on the Solstice :)

Can you buy Royal Caribbean's next cruise/decide later certificates on board Celebrity? I'm thinking if they enjoy the Solstice they'll probably decide to join us on the Oasis in the spring and might as well get the OBC.

This has been discussed before. You have a reduced deposit, up to a 3 cat upgrade and an On Board credit( amount depends on length of cruise). You have 60 days from date of booking to transfer to a TA for additional benefits.

This is whqat we understand as well;). That up to 3 category upgrade is important:).We can book the least expensive veranda & get 3 category upgrade for a better location on the ship :D.

Archived