Packing for a Western Carib cruise in February

curlymason

Ok, I know I'm a little ahead of the game, but my obsessive pre-planning has spilled over into packing this time. I'm trying to figure this out. I'm flying from Atlanta to Houston and sailing on Mariner of the Seas out of Galveston in February, where it might be 30 degrees or it might be 65 degrees. I've never cruised in February, so I'm not sure what the temps will be like in the ports we're visiting (Belize, Roatan, Cozumel), and I'm just hoping it's warm enough for swimming and snorkeling there.

In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out what all I need to take. A few pairs of shorts and a couple of bathing suits isn't going to work this time around. I know I'll need cold weather clothing for the plane trip to Houston, and for my two days pre-cruise in Houston, and for the trip home. I'm not quite sure what to pack for the first day of the cruise...pants I'm guessing. I doubt it will be warm enough to be trying out the pool on the first day.

Anyone have any experience with this scenario and have any advice for me? I can't pack tons of stuff because I'm flying and want to keep it to one checked bag. I don't want to pack too much warm weather clothing and be freezing lol, but I also don't want to dress like I'm going to Alaska either.

You shouldn't pack in advance! Wait until about 2 days out...check the forecasts then, and pack accordingly!

Whatever you wear on the plane, you can wear home, too...it might need pressing, but it really won't be soiled!

If it's 65 on boarding day, you can certainly hit the pool for some sun....maybe not a dip, but you can tan!!!

Definitely summer clothes for the western itinerary. I suggest wearing layers for the plane trip and pants (jeans or the wrinkle free travel pants) and (gasp) sneakers. Keep in mind the ships interiors can be cold in certain lounges/areas and it is always recommended to bring a sweater, wrap, shawl, or sweatshirt/hoodie. Find out if your ship has a laundry room or laundry service onboard and have your return home clothes washed/pressed. Just an idea.

coka

I feel your pain :p. We're leaving tomorrow and the high's in Galveston is suppose to be in the 50's. We're from the area (less than an hour away), so 50's is COLD to me.

I've packed enough to last a month and cover every weather possibility:eek:.

So.....as you can see...I'm no help at all :p!!

Archived