Dining when you first board the Allure

lovacruz

Can you eat in the main dining room if you choose not to go to the buffet when you first board the ship. This will be my first time on a RCCL ship. I have been on all the other cruise lines and that is what we did. We went right to the main dining room. Many people were not aware that you can eat in any place other then the buffet. Is this the case on the Allure of the Seas.

My choice would be the solarium or park cafe.

I dont know what lines your usually cruise, but Carnival and RCL neither have the MDR open for lunch when you board.

I like the solarium because it has make your own salad with lots of choice plus healthy stuff like fish.

park cafe has the salad you point to what you want and they toss it plus those wonderful roast beef sandwiches.

I avoided the buffet the whole cruise last week, learned my lesson the time before.

If you are looking for something nicer than a buffet that has full waiter service... Giovanni's has a great lunch that is offered daily including embarkation day for $15/pp.

Can agree that this is a great option even when you have to pay.

As far as non paying venues, here are the choices I can think of:

If you are looking for some place a bit quieter as you board, the Solarium Bistro is a great place to eat. Most people have yet to discover this area upon boarding. It does lean towards healthier fare.

The Park Cafe does get busy and you kind of have to jockey for position to find a table if you are not on early, but it's not a big deal.

The Windjammer with all of it's hectic and "busy-ness" can be overwhelming, but it's the traditional buffet as you board. If we choose the Windjammer, we just take it in stride. Our experience on the Allure has been that the waitstaff is helpful and clears tables quickly.

The Dog House should be open and probably sandwiches in the Promenade may be available. Not sure if Rita's Cantina or Johnny Rockets are open on the Boardwalk upon boarding. Don't recall Johnny Rockets being open.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived