Would you notify the cruise line if you had to cancel last min?

Rahi

God forbid this happens.. but, I have to be honest , I would not. If I was going to lose all my money, I would not want to give them any chance of rebooking that room for even more money. I think to avoid this they should still give back something til last day however so little. Anyone else think this way? I am just curious seeing the thread of the person trying to get two onto a cruise that is already booked in full. I would bet there are openings the day of , if anyone else thought as I do.

God forbid this happens.. but, I have to be honest , I would not. If I was going to lose all my money, I would not want to give them any chance of rebooking that room for even more money. I think to avoid this they should still give back something til last day however so little. Anyone else think this way? I am just curious seeing the thread of the person trying to get two onto a cruise that is already booked in full. I would bet there are openings the day of , if anyone else thought as I do.

I think just the opposite at least someone could enjoy my cabin while I sat home and cried. ;)

We had to cancel at the last minute earlier this year, and we notified NCL. Why shouldn't someone else get the opportunity to book the cabin if they want to take a last minute cruise? I don't care whether the cruise line makes more money by doing so. Why should I? I had more important things to worry about.

Interesting question, no doubt.

Here is a more interesting question: If something were to happen "last minute", would you want the cruise line to call and inform YOU so that you might be able to make alternate plans, or do you think they should say nothing?

I would. I already know if I cancel that late in the game I will lose my money. I would have no one to be upset with since obviously it was circumstance that caused this. I don't blame NCL for this policy nor do I begrudge them for reselling it for whatever they might be able to get. Just not my style.

Like everyone else said, maybe someone would get the enjoyment from it.

That comes across as a bit selfish and vindictive don't you think? Why not let someone possibly get a nice last minute discount deal? If you were smart you would have travel insurance to cover things like this happening.

Hey, you asked for opinions. :)

Interesting question, no doubt.

Here is a more interesting question: If something were to happen "last minute", would you want the cruise line to call and inform YOU so that you might be able to make alternate plans, or do you think they should say nothing?

But that way does not matter, there is NO doubt the cruise line is at fault , and would HAVE to credit me. This is the reverse ONLY topic.

That comes across as a bit selfish and vindictive don't you think? Why not let someone possibly get a nice last minute discount deal? If you were smart you would have travel insurance to cover things like this happening.

They would need to give me back something , anything, a dollar even! AND this is just a topic I came up with , when I read about the people who needed more room for more people, but their cruise said sold out. I do wonder how many rooms would really be available at the time of check in. I would NEVER do this.. I would have someone else going in MY place with the other person.. So don't get mad at me! This is just for conversation, and though it is how I would really react if it did indeed happen (God forbid).

But that way does not matter, there is NO doubt the cruise line is at fault , and would HAVE to credit me. This is the reverse ONLY topic.

Doubtful. It matters both ways. If you don't understand that, then you shouldn't be pondering the morality of actions vs inactions.

There also could be PLENTY of doubt. Weather could...and has...closed ports and caused ships to not dock. This is NOT the fault of the cruise line, and by the agreed upon contract, they don't have to credit you.

lol, I did. I would never just cancel. I would get someone to go with one of people on ticket. But fun to watch what people will say.. and honestly you are all a better people than I would be if I ever were in that situation.

Doubtful. It matters both ways. If you don't understand that, then you shouldn't be pondering the morality of actions vs inactions.

There also could be PLENTY of doubt. Weather could...and has...closed ports and caused ships to not dock. This is NOT the fault of the cruise line, and by the agreed upon contract, they don't have to credit you.

We could always make the cruise line , even if weather is an issue... this isn't about us ,If I can make it to port the ship better sail. , but a fun question ..But I think I meant last min, sec, can't make it on people.. call or not.. and I would not. My 4,000.00 for two, can sail away without me. Call me selfish or call NCL selfish for not giving something to allow them to resell my room before hand. I sort of think they have alot more money than I do???

We could always make the cruise line , even if weather is an issue... this isn't about us ,If I can make it to port the ship better sail. , but a fun question ..But I think I meant last min, sec, can't make it on people.. call or not.. and I would not. My 4,000.00 for two, can sail away without me. Call me selfish or call NCL selfish for not giving something to allow them to resell my room before hand. I sort of think they have alot more money than I do???

Ok I will call you selfish. :-).

You might think its OK to screw NCL because they have a lot (not alot) more money than you do, but:

--YOU are also screwing over the person who wants to book that cabin who might have less money than you do

--YOU are also screwing over your cabin steward who will see his/her income drop since your room is empty

--YOU are also screwing over the bar staff whose entire income comes from sales...they can't sell to absent passengers...and they certainly have less money than you do

--You are screwing over the people in the port towns whose income and living depend on tourism...every missing tourist is a lost opportunity that can NEVER be made up

So you can bend, twist, and spin it any way that you want. You wouldn't be happy if you weren't notified of a last minute change, and you should always afford the other party the courtesy of a notification...not matter what the difference is between their income and yours.

You summed it up perfectly with the first four words of your last sentence/question.

Frankly IF the cruise line resells my PAID in total room , I should get back up to the amount I paid for this cruise. PERIOD. Like it or not .. who is selfish or not?

And you had the nerve to post on the thread of the person desperate to find a last minute cabin as they forgot to add their aunt to the booking. You get some strange pleasure and that family is crushed. What is this world coming too. :mad:

And you had the nerve to post on the thread of the person desperate to find a last minute cabin as they forgot to add their aunt to the booking. You get some strange pleasure and that family is crushed. What is this world coming too. :mad:

Oh please as IF they forget to add people.. get over yourself! That is just nuts!

Archived