Looking for a new ship

williamson_ja

We just sailed our first Carnival cruise last week on the Liberty. She is a beautiful ship and we loved the Funship 2.0 upgrades. Guy's burgers (and fries) are amazing. We love how the ship looked and all the different dining options. We did not, however, love the layout of the Conquest class ships where you can't go through on decks 3 and 4. We found it incredibly annoying.

So, we're shopping for a new ship. Are there ships that have: great layout, beautiful ship, slides, sail the caribbean, and are not looking old (everythings in good shape and not looking old)? I would love it if they were also getting Guy's burgers soon, but it's not mandatory. We just like lots of food choices. Does the Dream have the same layout? We almost sailed with her this last time.

Personally love the Conquest Class. Learned to navigate the dining room thing a long time ago.

The Dream is basically a bigger Conquest class ship though you can pass through on decks 3 and 4 if memory serves.

We are currently enamored with the Miracle. Totally unique. Nice spaces. Smaller.

I've been on all the other classes except spirit class .. so if it bothers you that much and you can't remember you cant cut thru the kitchen .. spirit class is probably your only option.. as above says it is not built that way. All the other classes of Carnival ships, you also cannot cut thru the kitchen.

I'm another one who prefers Spirit class...specifically Legend and Miracle. Love that there are 3 pools on Lido (no cabins), less people, and an easy layout. Definitely feels less crowded. But there is no big screen tv (a plus for me), so not sure if you'll miss that.

The Breeze will be in Miami next November, brand new with all the bells and whistles (including Guy's burgers), and as far as I know you can get thru on all floors because of the Lanai/Promenade she has. We'll be sailing her for her US Inagural:)

Personally love the Conquest Class. Learned to navigate the dining room thing a long time ago.

The Dream is basically a bigger Conquest class ship though you can pass through on decks 3 and 4 if memory serves.

We are currently enamored with the Miracle. Totally unique. Nice spaces. Smaller.

While I don't "love" any class I agree there is nothing to the dining room thing. Like how often does it come up? Go down 1 deck or up then across no biggy.

A heck of a lot easier then remembering which venue is where from where you are on the Spirit class. I dislike the way the Lido deck is all chopped up (but the Destiny+ stadium seating isn't much better). The best feature of the Spirit class was the aft pool area but alas, even that has been devalued by turning it into a Serenity area.

A heck of a lot easier then remembering which venue is where from where you are on the Spirit class.

RU serious? were talking about a small Spirit class ship not the Oasis. Pretty tough to get lost on a Spirit class

Spirit class ships! Great layout!

My favorite Carnival Class, the Spirit Class. The perfect "layout". All the Conquest Class ships have the Lido deck surrounded with glass and steel. I like the open to the sea aft Lido deck. 270 degree view of the sea, beam wide bar and food just through the door. Can't go wrong. Have cruised all FOUR of them.:)

RU serious? were talking about a small Spirit class ship not the Oasis. Pretty tough to get lost on a Spirit class

Do you mean are you serious, then yes I am.

You never know if the venue you are looking for is on deck 1,2, or 3. With the Destiny type ships all the clubs are on deck 5.

Spirit class ships are NOT small, in fact they are longer then Conquest class ships. They are just skinny.

Do you mean are you serious, then yes I am.

You never know if the venue you are looking for is on deck 1,2, or 3. With the Destiny type ships all the clubs are on deck 5.

Spirit class ships are NOT small, in fact they are longer then Conquest class ships. They are just skinny.

I agree with you. On Day 8, I was still picking the wrong floor or going the wrong direction and having to backtrack. And you are right about the length: Spirit class is 960 feet long while Conquest class is 952.

williamson, if the kitchen is that big of an annoyance, the Spirit class would be your best option. If you aren't into the whole nightlife thing, the venues being scattered everywhere in odd places won't bother you. On the Dream class, you still cannot pass through on Deck 3. However, you can on Deck 4. That was one of the changes they made. I am curious as to how many times the kitchen winds up blocking your way. Obviously, we all cruise differently, but I only see one very odd situation where that would cause me to have to go down stairs, down the hallway, then back up. But that may only be me. There's probably things I'm not thinking of. In my 9 cruises with this issue, I only wound up blocked by the kitchen twice, one of the times being my mistake. If you're assigned to the aft dining room, the best route to go from your stateroom is to go down the hall to the aft elevators/stairs, and then go to deck 3 or 4. If you go there with this route, you won't get blocked. I actually didn't even know of this kitchen blockade until I got on cruisecritic and heard people talking about it, and I had cruised 5 times in ships like this at that point.

Here's a schedule of the 2.0 upgrades. http://cruiseradio.net/featured/cruise-line-news/fun-ship-2-0-upgrade-schedule/ It looks like the Pride and Legend are the only 2 Spirit class ships scheduled for upgrades, both in 2013. Nothing as to whether they'll get the burgers or not.

Skip the Dream (class). We have been on several Conquest class ships, and on the Dream 3 times (don't ask...lol)! Our favorite class of CARNIVAL ships would be the Spirit class.

Having said all of that... DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT $200, and go STRAIGHT TO (NCL) EPIC... (really)!! :)

Of course, that is only my opinion - and does not represent to consensus on this (Carnival) board --- go figure! ;):D

Tom

Archived