Day by day, from onboard the Magic

PenguinLife

Ok, as a final round here is the debarkation experience:

We were in zone 25 for debarkation, so as a result we ended up sitting in the main theater waiting for our zone to be called, it seemed they would call 2-3 zones at a time every 10-20 minutes, eventually around the time zone 21 was being called a guy from the hotel staff came in and said all luggage had been unloaded and that all zones could leave giving those of us waiting on deck 3 near the gangway a slight head start before the general ship wide announcement. The line to get off the ship went fairly fast, upon getting off the ship I went to the line to get a porter while my wife went to find the luggage WAY down in section 25, once the luggage was loaded up the porter took us to the porter only customs lines which were much shorter than the general lines, this all took about 20-30 minutes between the waiting for a porter and waiting in the passport only porter assistance line. Our porter was commenting that he was glad we were US citizens with passports as he had just spent over an hour in the Non US citizen line, he also mentioned that it is usually easy to spot the non US citizens and avoid them, but not always. Not much else to tell after clearing customs, he carried the luggage to the curb where my wife waited with the luggage, and I walked across the street to Galveston Park N Cruise to pick up the car, was back in about 5 minutes, and out of the loading area in another 5 or so minutes..

Ike:

It was good to meet you at the Meet and Greet last Monday. I agree with your comments, and wished I had followed them last week while you and I were both on the ship. We drove home yesterday after the cruise, and I drafted our cruise review. I welcome your comments on it. I suspect that my review will be posted tomorrow or Wednesday. Bottom line: It was a great cruise on a beautiful ship, and we will do it all again in 12 months!

Bob and Donna from Dallas/Ft. Worth

Ike:

It was good to meet you at the Meet and Greet last Monday. I agree with your comments, and wished I had followed them last week while you and I were both on the ship. We drove home yesterday after the cruise, and I drafted our cruise review. I welcome your comments on it. I suspect that my review will be posted tomorrow or Wednesday. Bottom line: It was a great cruise on a beautiful ship, and we will do it all again in 12 months!

Bob and Donna from Dallas/Ft. Worth

Would love to read your review as well! Do you mind sharing the link? Or did I miss it in a previous post?

I have them, just need to find time to scan, may be a few days with all the holiday stuff going on, etc.

Ike

First of all I want to say thank you for posting daily! I really enjoyed reading about your days as they happened! I know it can take time out of your cruise to compile your thought to share with us! I admire you for that. :cool:

Second, I’m so glad you did the “behind the fun” tour!! I’ve been looking for a review about the magic where someone has done the tour so thanks for writing about it! I can’t wait to do it on our cruise! I just wish it was the first day, but I understand why it is the last day.

And last, I would also like to see the “fun times” whenever you have time to get them scanned.

Thanks again for your review! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived