New 2 cruising

b52cruiser

Hello All

My wife and I have never been on a cruise before. But, for last couple of weeks, we've been talking about going on a cruise for our 25th anniversary. which is a couple of years away. We are outdoors type of people(backpacking, caneoing, mountianbiking, etc.). So. our first cruise will a royal caribbean cruise.

Thank you paul

no, although I, myself(husband) will try the rockclimbing wall and flo-rider. We chose RCL because of neighbourhood concept. We love the whole central park thing with the nature sounds. We looked videos the oasis class of ship. what we really love about RCL is that it adds romance with adventure.

@b52cruiser: Since your interest is outdoor activities, seems to me your main consideration should be itinerary. Suggest you talk with a reputable travel agent to investigate the many available options rather than limiting yourself to a specific cruise line up front.

I think you picked a good cruise line for you for the 1st cruise. Everybody has their favorites but knowing yourself is the best way to pick what's right for you.

Do book excursions to natural places when you get to the ports. There are biking & climbing opportunities at many.

Enjoy!

What month is your anniversary? You might be able to drive to Galveston for the Mariner of the Seas. No Central Park or Boardwalk, but it is a nice ship. Mariner of the Seas sails from mid-November to mid-April. But, I would no go on this or any ship over spring break (mid-March), because prices are higher and there are lots of kids. Central Park and Boardwalk are only on the Oasis and Allure from Ft. Lauderdale.

Can I throw a curved ball in here with a suggestion.....what about an Indian Ocean cruise around Seychelles, Mauritius, Madagascar and Reunion. Loads of natural unspoilt fauna and landscape. Also has the romance factor for a silver wedding. You'll find some of the best undeveloped beaches in the world...a busy one may have 50 people a quiet 2 or 3 or even none!

Loads of things for outdoorsy types to do, diving, snorkelling, hiking, bird watching......

Bit far to go, but would be an unforgettably unique experience.

Can I throw a curved ball in here with a suggestion.....what about an Indian Ocean cruise around Seychelles, Mauritius, Madagascar and Reunion. Loads of natural unspoilt fauna and landscape. Also has the romance factor for a silver wedding. You'll find some of the best undeveloped beaches in the world...a busy one may have 50 people a quiet 2 or 3 or even none!

Loads of things for outdoorsy types to do, diving, snorkelling, hiking, bird watching......

Bit far to go, but would be an unforgettably unique experience.

If you like AmoMondo's idea, we are on the Ocean Princess in April sailing from Singapore to Cape Town. We stop in Mauritius and Reunion Island among other places.

Hello,

I highly recommend Alaska for those outdoors inclined fortunate people. My daughter and her husband did lots of this when we visited Alaska, such as climbing to the top of Deer Peak outside of Ketchikan

Lots to see and do in Alaska, though I have not been on the Oasis or Allure.

Archived