NA December 4-11 Just a thought or two....

tangerinebunny

It was a great cruise with the usual impeccable HAL service. The few problems that we encountered were quickly resolved.

We did have a minor medical event that resulted in a visit to sick bay. And I'm happy to report that it was staffed by an ER doctor from Portland and an ER nurse from Ottawa. Both were professionals that I'd be happy to deal with on land.

The cost of the visit was similar to a land visit - and it included tests. The ship seemed well equipped - or at least the doctor bragged on how up to date it is.

Service in the upper dining room was pleasant - if you're looking for a quiet table near the windows try 22. Passers-by sometimes waved at us and we saluted back with our wine glasses. The servers were charming.

We also ate one Pinnacle meal and two in the Tamarind, and again, were pleased. The Tamarind 'Jewels of the Sea' soup is really really good, and, again, service is both restaurants was excellent.

We had no problems getting a table for two in the MDR for lunch.

We gave up on the Lido because it was crowded, noisy, and not very relaxing. I'd guess that part of the problem was that we all seemed to return from shore excursions at the same time.

The only possible criticism I have is that it was difficult to hear the Adagio Strings above the cocktail crowd. It's a small space being shared by groups who gather to talk (after all, it's a bar) and those who come by to listen. And if you have a spare moment, try their Spanish Coffee.

Happy you had a good cruise. We left NA the day you boarded after being aboard for two weeks.

I agree about Jewels of the Sea in Tamarind. I had it twice and really loved it. :)

Welcome back.

Archived