Royal Caribbean Secrets They Don't Tell You

Hank1468

Anyone know anything about how late the Windjammer stays open? Do they have any late night pool side buffets?

Best recollection for WJ is 9pm which is sort of a bummer of we eat earlier in MDR and skip dessert there and want to pick up something later. Would be nice if they could leave just the dessert part available later.

Also best as I can recall on our last cruise there was one late night buffet/party outside. Have to go check my Cruise Compases..... OK on our 7nt on Serenade a year ago Day 4 had a Caribbean Buffet in WJ at 11:30 but that was the only one.

Edited by Sequim88

• 2 weeks later...
wow. thought i'd skim thru this thread to remind me of a cpl things, but read abt a whole bunch more! i always miss the shop talk, so i'll definitely make that a priority this time around, and JR for breakfast on port days!!!

I agree! This is a great thread--keep the thoughts and ideas coming.

The 2 for 1 Johnny Rocket milkshake coupons in the C&A books can be used as take out. Just go to the bar and order. Great for hot walks around the pool deck.

Can you get Johnny Rockets for take-out in general, e.g., burgers, fries, etc.? How do they charge you for that, i.e., how many covers?

I haven't had a chance to go through this whole thread, and I may have mentioned this here a while back....

When I was on the Explorer, you can get a champage card at the Champagne Bar. It was about $50.00, but it had at least 8 different types of champagne drinks on it. You aren't required to get one of each, there was one I loved that I got twice, and another time me and my husband each got one. They don't hold it to one card, one person.

Fun!!

Where is the Seaview Cafe?

Seaview Cafe is deck 12, starboard, way aft on Brilliance, Serenade, and Jewel. It used to be on Radiance too, but was replaced by a different venue. As the other Radiance class ships are redone with the "Royal Advantage" treatment, Seaview Cafe is likely to be removed from those also.

Edited by clarea

I haven't had a chance to go through this whole thread, and I may have mentioned this here a while back....

When I was on the Explorer, you can get a champage card at the Champagne Bar. It was about $50.00, but it had at least 8 different types of champagne drinks on it. You aren't required to get one of each, there was one I loved that I got twice, and another time me and my husband each got one. They don't hold it to one card, one person.

Fun!!

When was this? Is this a special, or do they offer this on every sailing.

Don't forget about the laundry bag special. We love it.

Tutti Salad on sea days in the MDR. Not to be missed!!!

If your luggage should get broken, go to the purser's desk. They can arrange for someone to take a look at it and try fixing it. If it can't be fixed, and you need duct tape, no need to carry it. They will provide you with it.

If you need a sewing kit to repair something, the purser's desk will also give you needle thread, scissors, etc. They are incredibly helpful with just about any need, emergency or not, that you encounter. They even helped with feminie products late on night after the shops closed (sorry, but just so you know how far the staff will go). One of the ladies left and returned with her personal supplies for us :eek:. How's that for service.

We will definitely file that in the TMI category

I just got home from a cruise on the Oasis of the Seas. My daughter and her family rented a grand suite and so did I, side by side. They'd told me a year ago, February, that we could take down a partition and have a conjoined deck, but in recent talks on the phone, they'd told me that there were new safety regulations that wouldn't allow it. I got on the ship and our tremendous stateroom attendant swiftly did what they said couldn't be done. It was so helpful because they have no grand suites with a door between them. We would have had to go out into the hallway and ring each others' doorbells. Because they did that, we were able to float back and forth into each others' rooms using the now bigger balcony. Perfect with smaller children.

I learned many things on this cruise. Last year, I'd learned about the Thermal Suite package. There are 40 per ship, I think. For $99 you can get a week's pass to the spa. You can get a free locker, a free robe and slippers to use while you're there, and you can enjoy the heated lounges (there are four), in the dimmed room with the spa music on, then get into the aroma steam room or the sauna, then use the shower that has a waterfall option and a rainforest setting, too. You can also go into the relaxation room and enjoy a glass of lemon water and look at the cherry blossom tree. You can do that as many times as you want, each day. It lets you get the spa experience without the big bucks. If you have a grand suite or above, go to the Concierge Lounge on the first day and they'll set you up there for it.

Also, I was told by a frequent cruiser in the Concierge lounge that he tells the front desk he isn't going to use the dining room. Then he gets them to credit him the tips for the dining room staff, which, he said gives him back $200-$300, which goes a long way toward the specialty dining he prefers.

The suites above junior suites all come with Concierge priveleges. This year we got our suites on the 11th floor near the Concierge Lounge. We ate every breakfast there. It was calm and uncrowded. We were served...and their cappachino machine is wonderful. They also serve lunch. From 5:30-8:30 they serve appetizers and drinks. We'd go in there and get beer or wine for our dinner, for free. I only went to the Windjammer once, at 3PM...and I found it still to be a bit crowded. However, I found an area that was wide open - it was reserved for suite guests! Our suite was ideal. Very roomy and comfortable. There was a nice bathtub we could wash the sand off the kids, easily!

If you can possibly do it, go for a suite (above the junior ones.) It's so worth it.

Also, I was told by a frequent cruiser in the Concierge lounge that he tells the front desk he isn't going to use the dining room. Then he gets them to credit him the tips for the dining room staff, which, he said gives him back $200-$300, which goes a long way toward the specialty dining he prefers.

So he didn't use the MDR at all, no breakfast or lunch? But even if he went to the WJ, those servers from the dinner in MDR often are serving him for breakfast or lunch. So no tips for those staff either? I've never heard of anyone getting money back if they had pre-paid gratuities and decided to dine elsewhere...hmmm, interesting.

So he didn't use the MDR at all, no breakfast or lunch? But even if he went to the WJ, those servers from the dinner in MDR often are serving him for breakfast or lunch. So no tips for those staff either? I've never heard of anyone getting money back if they had pre-paid gratuities and decided to dine elsewhere...hmmm, interesting.

Somehow that does not seem fair to the servers since the tips are pooled. Also, I like to know if he tips at the speciality dining or not.

He probably doesn't even tip for room service either.

MARAPRINCE

We always bring a gift from our home town for our room steward. We introduce ourselves with the gift and we are never disappointed with the service the whole cruise. Especially since we need ice all the time.

If you are cruising with kids. Ask the room steward to empty the mini-bar if your cabin has one. This will save you alot of money or at least the stress of saying no to the candy and soda pop

When was this? Is this a special, or do they offer this on every sailing.

It's offered every sailing, but...you need to ask the bartender at the champagne bar, I don't think it was in the compass. Someone mentioned it here on CC, and so I asked. It's a neat card - it shows you all these different drinks, and what is in each.