Jewelry Found in Conquest Balcony Cabin Safe

texas greeneyes

I know the chances are slim, but hoping to locate the rightful owner of a jewelry item I found in one of the Conquest balcony cabins (in the safe) on the 10/30/2011 sailing. If someone provides a specific and correct description, I will help to return it to you.

I'll also take this opportunity to wish an exceptionally Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you at CC: Staff, Hosts, Moderators, Members, & Everyone Else!

:)Peace on Earth and Goodwill toward all...:)

I know the chances are slim, but hoping to locate the rightful owner of a jewelry item I found in one of the Conquest balcony cabins (in the safe) on the 10/30/2011 sailing. If someone provides a specific and correct description, I will help to return it to you.

I'll also take this opportunity to wish an exceptionally Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you at CC: Staff, Hosts, Moderators, Members, & Everyone Else!

:)Peace on Earth and Goodwill toward all...:)

Why did you not contact guest services and let them contact the persons who were in the room last?? Also why did you wait 6 weeks to post this??

Why didn't you turn it in to the ship? Only a small percentage of people are on cruise critic.

If I find a missing item I turn it into customer service wherever it was found, I don't bring it home with me. I tend to believe people do this so they can keep the item while satisfying their conscience that they made some sort of attempt to return the item knowing in reality that it would be almost impossible for that to happen on a message board that only a small amount of cruisers visit.

And now if that guest contacts the cruise line they will just be told they don't have it as you took it home.

Why did you not contact guest services and let them contact the persons who were in the room last?? Also why did you wait 6 weeks to post this??

Most likely, the OP just dump everything they put in the safe in their luggage due to the hassle disembarkation is and never noticed the extras till now

Wow. Forgot to don my flame retardant suit.

Thank you for your replies?

I found the item as I was doing my last search of the room on day of disembarkation, mistook it as one of mine, and have just now realized it is not.

I have been very ill since returning from the cruise. Finally felt well enough to organize MY jewelery today, and noticed a piece that does not belong to me. Didn't think I would need to post that but ...just so ya know. :rolleyes:

I found the item as I was doing my last search of the room on day of disembarkation, mistook it as one of mine, and have just now realized it is not.

I have been very ill since returning from the cruise. Finally felt well enough to organize MY jewelery today, and noticed a piece that does not belong to me. Didn't think I would need to post that but ...just so ya know. :rolleyes:

I would still call Carnival and have them contact the persons that were in the room before you and ask if they are missing an item and if they can identify it correctly then you can mail it to them.

I would still call Carnival and have them contact the persons that were in the room before you and ask if they are missing an item and if they can identify it correctly then you can mail it to them.

Very good idea, which is why I did so earlier today. Just trying this venue too...sorry, I suppose I did not make myself clear...still a bit fuzzy headed due to lengthy illness.

Fellow CC Members, I AM also trying other means to locate the owner...Including business contacts I have in the travel industry ...just looking to CC for POSSIBLE assistance as well.

Okay, now I cry, "UNCLE". I'm done. Y'all can all think what you want; I know my motives are true. I'll only answer posts that are attempting to describe the item. Once again, Peace and Goodwill to all...

Very good idea, which is why I did so earlier today. Just trying this venue too...sorry, I suppose I did not make myself clear...still a bit fuzzy headed due to lengthy illness.

Fellow CC Members, I AM also trying other means to locate the owner...Including business contacts I have in the travel industry ...just looking to CC for POSSIBLE assistance as well.

Okay, now I cry, "UNCLE". I'm done. Y'all can all think what you want; I know my motives are true. I'll only answer posts that are attempting to describe the item. Once again, Peace and Goodwill to all...

If you go back and reread your original post one can read a lot into the creditability aspect of what is written. Good for you to do the right thing :)

Most likely, the OP just dump everything they put in the safe in their luggage due to the hassle disembarkation is and never noticed the extras till now

I for one would NEVER just dump out the safe and depart the ship. I like to make sure that I have everything that I put in there back in my possession, if something is missing I need to let security know BEFORE I return home.

cclsupport@carnival.com

Shoot Mischelle Beattie Manager - Online Community Carnival Cruise Lines

an e-mail.

I have read where she has helped others the find property owners of found items.

Either herself or someone else will find out if the item is reported lost and forward your contact info to the person .. with your permission of course... then have them contact you.

Actually, there was a post I saw recently about a piece of jewelry that had been lost onboard. An engagement ring I believe.

I also remember about a year ago a poster found a camera and posted here to see it anyone had any info on the owner. This poster did find the owner, not sure if on this site or not tho.

OP's post is not that unusual. Unfortunately, neither are the snarky, suspicious replies.

I for one would NEVER just dump out the safe and depart the ship. I like to make sure that I have everything that I put in there back in my possession, if something is missing I need to let security know BEFORE I return home.

One....you attacked the OP for no reason !:mad: Two.... I and I'm sure others....DO NOT GIVE A RAT'S BEHIND HOW YOU DO THINGS!!!

One....you attacked the OP for no reason !:mad: Two.... I and I'm sure others....DO NOT GIVE A RAT'S BEHIND HOW YOU DO THINGS!!!

Where's the like button. Better yet, where's the love button?

OP, I hope you reunite the item with the owner. Bless you this holiday season as well. It feels so good to do good things.

Some of you have awesome ideas of what should of been done....but it didn't happen that way and now she is trying to rectify the problem...sheesh. People like you make it hard to want to post anything on this site for fear of being crucified. So quick to judge!

Good for you for trying to find the owner, either through posting to CC or otherwise. God Bless!!

Some of you have awesome ideas of what should of been done....but it didn't happen that way and now she is trying to rectify the problem...sheesh. People like you make it hard to want to post anything on this site for fear of being crucified. So quick to judge!

Good for you for trying to find the owner, either through posting to CC or otherwise. God Bless!!

It must take a lot of work to be PERFECT. Quite frankly I haven't met that person in reality, just someones who thinks they are!

Opinions are like a-- holes everyone has one. Some people just can't seem to differentiate(?) the two.

I can also see how the OP could just find the others jewelry. I've found things in my travel bags b/4 ( usually my own) months after getting home.

Good Luck finding them!

My personal goal for 2012 is to be as perfect as you!

Why didn't you turn it in to the ship? Only a small percentage of people are on cruise critic.

If I find a missing item I turn it into customer service wherever it was found, I don't bring it home with me. I tend to believe people do this so they can keep the item while satisfying their conscience that they made some sort of attempt to return the item knowing in reality that it would be almost impossible for that to happen on a message board that only a small amount of cruisers visit.

And now if that guest contacts the cruise line they will just be told they don't have it as you took it home.

I'm not so sure I'd turn every item into guest services. It would depend on the item.

I would let guest services know I found something, and leave contact info, but wouldn't neccesarily give it to them.

Turning things into quest services, lost & found, doesn't mean the item would be returned to the rightful owner. I speak from experience here.

Thank you for being honest, and making the effort to repatriate the lost jewelry. I'd call Carnival and find out who was last in your room. I appreciate your efforts! By the way, I hope you're feeling much better. Sorry to hear you were sick!

Just remember, most folks tend to measure others by the only yardstick they have - themselves.

THANK YOU. I have heard this thought expressed in different ways, but never more succinctly than this. I hope you won't mind if I borrow it for the future. Perfect!

Archived