any info about Almaplena Beach Resort?

chilimixx

Does anyone have any information to share about Almaplena beach resort? I know they have a private beach and I just want to know what includes the day pass and if they offer a massage.

Any info would be helpful! Thank you!!!

Try this link. It's a new spot opening up this week. Sounds like its just south of Maya Chan.

http://www.almaplenabeachresort.com/

Thank you Crewsweeper, you have been very helpful... you know everything about Costa Maya!!! :D

Finally I'll be there on January and I'm thinking about Almaplena Resort beacause the place seems to be more private than the others. I'm looking for a very tranquil place to relax away from crowds. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Try this link. It's a new spot opening up this week. Sounds like its just south of Maya Chan.

http://www.almaplenabeachresort.com/

On their website I found a link "Beach Break for Cruisers" with all the information and the pictures look very good, so I decided to book!

They told me it's included transportation and I also can get a massage on the beach... I'm very excited!!! I can't wait next week!

I couldn't find reviews about the resort, I hope it's going to be as nice as they promote. If someone have experienced a beach break at almaplena resort pleaseeee tell me how it was!

I was looking at their website before Christmas and it was rather basic, but since then it's been updated and is now fully functional both for accommodation and beach break bookings.

I've also made a reservation for the start of March and the quick response I received from Almaplena was very encouraging.

Like Chilimixx, I'd be interested to read a review from anyone who's been there since its recent opening.

chilimixx, Looks like you should have been there (or maybe still there). Hope you can post a review soon as I sail in 6 days. May just take a chance. Would like to know how pickup and return to ship works, facilities (want comfortable and clean), etc.

Thanks

We're n Costa Maya at the and of Feb- this place looks like exactly what we're looking for!! Contemplating taking a chance and just booking it.... Transportation is a bit confusing because it says it's included but says to "take a cab"....

Here my review: we bought the Beach Break package for our family of 4.

The beach is amazing! We had a covered area on the beach with big pillows to lay on (there are also lounge chairs and hammocks). The drinks kept coming all day and the taco lunch was delicious. I had a massage while my husband was swimming with our kids. Facilities are very clean and confortable.

The taxi and drinks and food were all included. You take a cab outside the Port and Almaplena will pay the round trip for you. Almaplena staff will explain you exactly where to get transportation.

We had a really great time! I highly recommend this place.

I have signed up for 7 Feb. Once you pay, they send good instructions and info. I will try to cut and paste some below. This looks like a quiet non-party type of place. Taxi from near Hard Rock (3 min walk from port) is paid for, but be sure to get right taxi stand. One thing, which I think is a bit inflexible: only get refund (and you pay in advance via Paypal or thru Paypal with cr card) if boat does not dock. Beach towels, if you want them, are an extra $3. They have Wi-Fi !! Hope it works good. they say a max of 20 guests (and I suppose a few that are staying at their small hotel).

They responded very promptly to my questions and reservation.

will try to remember to give full report after I return, IF I remember.

Below is an Email from them:

I got both your messages. Thank you for thinking about us for your beach day in Costa Maya on February 7th, 2012.

Yes, we have free Internet Wi-Fi. Yes, we Guarantee you straw umbrella with shade and 2 lounge chairs for you. You can bring your beach towels from the Ship, or we can provide it for extra cost. We are a very new Resort (we just opened at the beginning of January), for this reason I don't know if we have reviews on the internet.

The all-inclusive (all you can eat - all you can drink), Reserved umbrellas & Lounge Chairs or Lounge Area, FREE transportation to and from the Port, would cost you:

- 118 USD for 2 adults

- 6 USD for 2 beach towels (extra cost. Please confirm if it's required.)

We apply 100% cash refund if your ship does not dock in Costa Maya for whatever reason. If you need to cancel for other reasons no deposit refund.

Check out the photo gallery of Almaplena Beach Resort: www.almaplenabeachresort.com/beachclub/costamaya-beach_break.htm

Our Location and service:

Our Beach Resort is currently the newest in Costa Maya, our beach is private. The environment is also suitable for children.

Almaplena is a small Ecological Beach Resort that strive to be low environmental impact and small scale as an alternative to mass tourism; the Resort is set directly on a private and secluded white sandy beach, bordered by the warm and turquoise caribbean sea on one side and a peaceful tropical jungle on the other.

Almaplena is located about 20 minutes from Costa Maya Port, away from the crowds and downtown loud party places, its privacy and tranquility remain assured.

We provide a daily limit of 20 guests to ensure our guests relax, privacy and quality service and we offer an all-inclusive service: all you can eat (guacamole and chips, arrachera tacos, chicken tacos, shrimp tacos, dessert) and all you can drink alcoholic and non alcohol (Beer, Piña Colada, Margarita, Strawberry Margarita, Cuba libre, Michelada, Mojito, Capirinha, Tequila, Whisky, Piñada, Caribbean, Luxuria, San Francisco, Soft drinks, Flavored Water, Water).

If you are looking for a relaxing beach day to be spent in tranquility, you’ll love the beautiful pristine beaches of Puerto Angel area in Costa Maya, a place capable of transmitting to you its special energy and that makes you feel part of nature's elements.

Right in front of the Resort, very closed to the shore, there is a great spot for snorkeling called Puerto Angel Diving Site. You won’t need to take a boat tour, only with a short swim it’s possible to admire the beautiful tropical fish and the corals of the Mexican Caribbean.

The renowned Costa Maya Meso-American Barrier Reef (the second largest coral reef system in the world) is located 109 yard from the shore.

Snorkeling equipment is NOT provided, so please feel free to bring your own.

Our guests are free to use our beach volleyball field or play beach soccer. For those who prefer to relax, shaded palapas, lounge chairs, water chairs, beach cushions and hammocks offer the ideal way to enjoy the beach life.

Transportation:

Round trip taxi transportation is included. You'll take a cab just outside the Port; after booking we'll provide you all the instructions.

The ride will take about 20 min.

I hope I was helpful, if you have other questions don't esitate to contact me.

In case you want to book your beach day write me back and I'll send you a Paypal link for the payment.

We would love to have you join us.

----------------------------

END of email from Almaplena

Sitting having lunch at Almaplena. Excellent quiet beach. When getting off ship, exit port gated area, walk straight ahead about 4 mintues to Hard Rock. Right in front is taxi stand where that service Almaplena (transportation is part of all inclusive). Ride is 15 to 20 min. Almost waveless beach, clear water, with very few rocks and a reef about 30 yds off shore for snorkleing. food is good and served like a buffet - chicken, shrimp, and beef with beans and rices and tortillas. WiFi works pretty good in the restaurant area, considering we are miles from nowhere. They rent big beach towels, but you can bring yours from ship. good restroom and changing area. A great, relaxing beach. Nothing much else in the area. If I think of more, will add later. I rate it a 4 star. They only take 20, so best to reserve and set up in advance.

Good pics, although hard to really see much in pictures. I will likely not post mine as sort of duplicates.

This is a very nice place to come to sit in quiet area, swim a bit, snorkle, and drink and eat. Not a party beach. Get the taxi driver's name and note something about the cab so you know which one is yours when they return -- otherwise, someone else may jump in it. We gave our cab driver my name and time to pick up on a sticky and he attached to his dash. He was there right on time. Allow 20 min to get back to town + 25 min in case of "engine problem" as the road is not heavily traveled. Drop off area to ship is only 5 min walk (they take you to the port, but pick up in front of Hard Rock about 10 min from getting off the ship.

A great place to relax after busy day/night on the cruise.

chilimixx, How was the snorkeling at Almaplena? Also, how was your massage? Was it just a rub down or was the person a licensed massage therapist? Were there any water mats/floats or water toys that could be used & included in the fee? Was it the Corona commercial we all desperately seek? TIA for any help:o

chilimixx' date=' How was the snorkeling at Almaplena? Also, how was your massage? Was it just a rub down or was the person a licensed massage therapist? Were there any water mats/floats or water toys that could be used & included in the fee? Was it the Corona commercial we all desperately seek? TIA for any help:o[/quote']

Hi, the snorkeling was awesome. Lots of corals and fish. You can see some pics on their facebook. The massage was relaxing, I liked. They do have a therapeutic massage certificate.

The resort provides water chairs. They don't have snorkeling equipment (they only have few masks, if available) so you need to bring your own. Yes, they have corona. The beach is fantastic and the water is crystal clear. Very nice place, I will come back!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm also considering booking this place. The pictures on the website look fabulous and just what we are looking for.

I'm wondering if anyone else can give more reviews and thoughts on this place. It looks like so-far, so-good from a few. I would like to hear from more that have been there.

Also, can you confirm that the water is the nice and blue? I was just wondering because we went to Maya Chan last year (and LOVED the place) but the water wasn't the pretty blue turquoise/Caribbean water that you expect to see in the Caribbean. It was more like a brown and murky type of water with tons of sea grass. I've read multiple reviews and post that state that all of Costa Maya is like this (the water and the sea grass).

Is there a lot of sea grass at this place or is it mostly a sandy bottom?

Snorkeling-you said there was some good snorkeling a little ways out, how deep was the water where you found the coral and fish? Were there any waves or was the water calm out there?

We were at Almaplena 2 weeks ago. The place looks exactly like the pictures on their website. the water is turquoise blue and beautiful. We saw some sea grass on beach but did not encounter it when we swam out to reef. The water was calm and there was a great breeze. i would have loved to stay longer than the 4 1/2 hours we were there. I was there with family of 4 including 2 kids age 10 and 13. They both had no problem snorkeling out to reef. Monica and her husband were gracious hosts and the food was great. I can't say enough. It was totally private with only a few other guests. I am sure once word gets out, they will be booked all the time. I highly recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm also considering booking this place. The pictures on the website look fabulous and just what we are looking for.

I'm wondering if anyone else can give more reviews and thoughts on this place. It looks like so-far, so-good from a few. I would like to hear from more that have been there.

Also, can you confirm that the water is the nice and blue? I was just wondering because we went to Maya Chan last year (and LOVED the place) but the water wasn't the pretty blue turquoise/Caribbean water that you expect to see in the Caribbean. It was more like a brown and murky type of water with tons of sea grass. I've read multiple reviews and post that state that all of Costa Maya is like this (the water and the sea grass).

Is there a lot of sea grass at this place or is it mostly a sandy bottom?

Snorkeling-you said there was some good snorkeling a little ways out, how deep was the water where you found the coral and fish? Were there any waves or was the water calm out there?

Yes, they do have free wi-fi in the terrace and restaurant area, and also on the beach. :)

I confirm you the water is turquoise blue and no sea grass! Snorkeling is awesome, I've seen plenty of fish and corals.

I definitely will come back!

Archived