?s about potty trained kids in AO

dorito6778

i read in other threads that kids have to be completely self-sufficient on the toilet to participate in AO. are these hard rules, or have you found AO counselors to be accommodating to a degree?

my 3yo DD is completely PTed, but she still sometimes needs help here and there. i mean, sometimes all she needs is help getting ON the toilet if its too high (she's a shorty!). i wont bring up the fact that 3 year olds cant reach their own bum to wipe, but, oops...i did.

are you telling me that they say they accommodate 3yo, but they really dont? because this is all totally normal 3yo behavior!

and are the toilets/sinks in AO kid-size, or are there stepstools?

We were on NOS last month and have 3 yr olds. I emailed special needs a month before to stress my concerns with number 2 in AO. They are trained but my son refuses to tell anyone when he has to go #2. He will just go off to the bathroom but I was worried about unfamiliar place and strangers in the camp. Plus the whole wiping thing. Just not possible for 3 yr old. I was told my accommidatons will be met and we just needed to talk to the camp manager when we boarded.

The manager was super nice and actually didn't seemed surprised when I voiced my concerns. She told me not worry but told me they could not assist. I was confused an she said most kids have a routine, which is correct. She said to try before we come during their normal time and if not possible to bring them in a pull up and if/when it happened they would call right away (parents of 3s get a phone) so we could take care of it. No problem. And it wasn't a problem. We had a great time and only got called once. We were able to plan around their time. Thankfully both go around the same time like clockwork!

I wold suggest a email to special needs and state your 3 has difficulty expressing she has to go to strangers and speak to the manager on board. They seem very accommodating and have to be if they accept 3 yr old.

The manager was super nice and actually didn't seemed surprised when I voiced my concerns. She told me not worry but told me they could not assist. I was confused an she said most kids have a routine, which is correct. She said to try before we come during their normal time and if not possible to bring them in a pull up and if/when it happened they would call right away (parents of 3s get a phone) so we could take care of it. No problem. And it wasn't a problem. We had a great time and only got called once. We were able to plan around their time. Thankfully both go around the same time like clockwork!

A pull-up? What? I thought they were totally strict about the no pull-up rule? :confused:

Im guessing because I contacted special needs prior and brought the emails they didn't give me trouble. They accommodate special needs and I didnt experience any issues with my requirments for the children. They were in underwear all day except at night if they stayed for the extra time. No one said a word about it. My son had one accident and nothing was mentioned about beig kicked out, etc. maybe just my experiences with the children's programs but half the "rules" I read on here are either over exaggerated or not followed. However, I really think contacting special needs prior to boarding made the difference.

Archived